Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Please post your row crop cultivator tractors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herminator
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This message is a reply to an archived post by Ande on January 28, 2015 at 15:50:42.
The original subject was "Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors".

I have this exact cultivator with less paint though. I have been searching to try to find what model it is and I have come but each one I find is a little bit different. If you know please tell me.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a later one above,, I think they are the same as the 914/916 models but the pic above has a later square tube rather than the rounds ones in my ops, think they were made by Glenco there is one later model but its far different that was called a K600A tool bar carrier that could be setup to plant or cultivate
cnt

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dad had a brand new one like yours...good machine. He liked it so good he bought a used Glencoe and hired his brother to help cultivate.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never heard of Glenco building a row crop cultivator. They built field cultivators for Case and Ford as well and on them the Ford had a defferent tooth mounting that is way better than what Glenco used under their name or Case name. I had the Ford version in both pull type and 3 point hitch. The Ford tooth setup would penetrate harder ground than the other setup up without trying to ride over top of ground. It was a week setup they used on the Glenco and Case versions, why I have no idea. Were a bunch of them around.

Herminator
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for the help. It has an aluminum tag on one of the row units that says T 90298. The man had bought it from said 100 came to mind but I have not seen what of 100 looked like, all of the manuals I find for them don?t show a picture. Messicks has an online parts list for the 100 but they look more advanced than this with a lot more options. The RH-84?s were round tube and the way the rear shoe mounted on the tube was different. The 914 / 916 had a different top bar where the 2 bars go back because it looks like the the top one is horizontal instead of vertical so to speak and yes the round tubes. One of the manuals I found online listed an RH84 model T but I did not see why it was a model T as the cover did not say that, just the ad, but I wondered if that could have something to do with the T on the tag?

Herminator
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry from the duplication of the one above. Learning how the reply?s work.

Thank you for the help. It has an aluminum tag on one of the row units that says T 90298. The man had bought it from said 100 came to mind but I have not seen what of 100 looked like, all of the manuals I find for them don?t show a picture. Messicks has an online parts list for the 100 but they look more advanced than this with a lot more options. The RH-84?s were round tube and the way the rear shoe mounted on the tube was different. The 914 / 916 had a different top bar where the 2 bars go back because it looks like the the top one is horizontal instead of vertical so to speak and yes the round tubes. One of the manuals I found online listed an RH84 model T but I did not see why it was a model T as the cover did not say that, just the ad, but I wondered if that could have something to do with the T on the tag?

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will try to look my cultivator over again,( Will need to go to the farm) as I think I remember some tags also.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the "T" then a set of numbers on a metal tag bolted to them was the ID tag they used on implements with no serial tags,, it was a component # but not the model, early units in lit have round tubes later have square tubes

Herminator
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you.

I will go with later 914 -916. What is the difference in these two models, rows?

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Glencoe corn cultivators were white and green the same as the Glencoe field cultivators. Have 4 Case-Glencoe field cultivators here and the later ones have a pipe in the spring to make them more aggressive and keep them from bouncing under certain conditions.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes

bradley martin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glencoe built lots of row crop cultivators. The shanks on the one pictured certainly appears to be a Glencoe built unit.

kenbob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a dearborn painted up as a Case. They made one for the VAC. It looks suspiciously like mine, tho I have only seen pictures. Does anyone know for sure if Case bought theirs from dearborn?

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't think they were ever sold in western Ohio but lots of field cultivators and that is all I knew Glenco to make.

Dugger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Please post your row crop cultivator tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-Leroy"](reply to post at 07:39:05 06/14/18) [/quote]

Glenco built and sold row crop cultivators nation wide
I was in Arizona this winter seen them being used
They built equipment for a lot of the major brands
Soil savors were sold by the thousands

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters