Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

IT'S SUMMER TIME

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete black
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In the South. Got caught in an early morning shower. ole well, cup of coffee, morning paper and home.

Old560
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pic?s. I?m looking forward to winter already.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure wish I was living there where I could pasture cattle longer and didn't have to grow so much feed. We should have pulled the trigger and moved down there 20 years ago when we had planned to,and never looked back. My nerves can't take farming up here in the north country much longer.

Old560
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where is this? What state.

pete black
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sorry about the double pics, NW Alabama.

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

absolutely beautiful!!!

grayrider
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Me too, tired of the heat and humidity, wouldn?t hurt my feelings to have a good frost over night and fall temps

pete black
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What, no tomatoes, sweet corn and watermelons?

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This area would spoil you Randy.
We pasture cattle from mid Dec till mid Oct.
The only reason we are on hay from Oct to Dec is we are waiting for the rye grass to get established.

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will give up growing tomatoes, sweet corn and watermelons if I could have December year round.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Dad took anti acid pills by the bucket full in wet springs when I was growing up. 148 acres farmed with milk cows hogs and chickens and with an Allis Chalmers C took a lot of hours in the field. Watched him many times stand and look out the kitchen window at the rain while eating those little white pills. Didn't know what he was thinking at the time that was so upsetting. Had to be how do I feed these animals and pay the mortgage settin gin the house.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We looked at a place in the Ozarks one time where the owner said he started feeding dry hay about the first of February,then by mid March the cows were back out nibbling at green grass. At best we get four full months of grazing without supplementing dry hay,but better figure on having at least seven months worth of hay.

grayrider
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Me too John, I?m working in a wooded area right now on north side of Montgomery AL and the skeeters, yellow flies and horse flies are eating me alive, hurry up winter time....
College football, hunting season, don?t have to run the AC non stop, love fall and winter way better.....

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I save time by just taking Prilosec every morning.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: IT'S SUMMER TIME Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I figure I need to feed full about 100 days maybe a little extra depending on how the weather runs,there are guys in my area that 'stockpile' Fescue and only feed when its deep snow.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters