Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

SVCummins & Walter - Question for you

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlock0331
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject: SVCummins & Walter - Question for you Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SVCummins, you said in Walters post....

It?s a 1998 3500 it?s build date is 3 of 98 but it?s a 24 valve cummins it?s has plus 50 hp injectors and an edge with attitude 5 stage programmer the flat bed is home made is 8 feet long and and 8 feet wide it has a tool box and a diesel compressor on it . My 94 3500 weighed 8500 with the same tool box and air compressor it would pull 650 miles gallons out of 33 gallon of fuel everytime . I just got home from hauling a 17,000 pound load 230 miles and averaged 13.55 mpg I was running 80 mph the whole way

So i have a 2000 F650 crew cab, 24v, stock, 11r22.5's 7 spd, air brakes, base line 225hp. But tips the scales at about 16,000 lbs. when its unloaded it runs great, put the trailer on it or the other day, i hauled 2, 6 row combine heads and it wouldnt hardly get out of its own way...gut-LESS....

So the guys over at DAP recommended 75 HP VCO type injectors and maybe a quadzilla tuner. I need to put a pyro on, i guess my question is what do you guys think of that recommendation? What little i know about the 5.9's doesnt help, but i read most people go with a SAC style instead of the VCO. just trying to get as many opinions as i can before i pull the trigger on anything....

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: SVCummins & Walter - Question for you Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can get quite a bit with just tuner and not even worry
about injectors

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: SVCummins & Walter - Question for you Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Injectors on these without a tuner won?t gain you a whole lot .
I?m not sure what injectors this truck has as they and the
programmer was in It when I bought the truck. with my edge
tuner it has a display that shows trans temp ,manifold psi , egt
and fuel psi it also lets me set the max exhaust temp which I
set at 1250 it almost never goes that high .

tlock0331
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: SVCummins & Walter - Question for you Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-SVcummins wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:44:55 06/16/1Cool Injectors on these without a tuner won?t gain you a whole lot .
I?m not sure what injectors this truck has as they and the
programmer was in It when I bought the truck. with my edge
tuner it has a display that shows trans temp ,manifold psi , egt
and fuel psi it also lets me set the max exhaust temp which I
set at 1250 it almost never goes that high .

I thought i would do both injectors and tuner, that way i could increase mpg when i could. I dont know anybody with a tuner and with so many options out there, it makes it tough. I mean this is just a pulling truck with good AC so i dont know that a high end tuner is really what i need, i just need one that will turn power up when i need and dial it back when i dont.

I just wish i could see a tuner or two, or 3, before i spend the money to find out i dont like it haha

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: SVCummins & Walter - Question for you Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Timers are pretty speedy but if you get one that? has the
gauges with it then that?s one less thing to worry about

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: SVCummins & Walter - Question for you Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you decided what to do yet ?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters