Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

McCormick 80 pull combine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeithKemerer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: McCormick 80 pull combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I picked up a McCormick 80 pull type combine with a grain cleaner at a auction. Just tried using it and believe there is a part missing in the cleaner attachment. I am guessing there should be a round screened drum that the cleaner paddles pass the grain through. I am also guessing there should be a few different drums with different sized holes for various grains. Don't have a parts book nor can I find one. Does anyone know the part number for these drum or am I totally off base in assuming a part is missing. Any idea where I can get parts or a parts manual for this cleaner?

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick 80 pull combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes the scourclean unit (I assume that is what you have) requires a screen for the product you are running, I tried looking your machine up on the cih on line parts but it does not list the model 80 there that I can find,, I may have a ops manual still for them,, I have a box or two of IH manuals I will see if I have one you should be able to order the parts and ops from a cih dealer, I would take your serial# with you if you go that route, this site may also have them for sale
cnt

AJB-830
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick 80 pull combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure about the IH 80 Combine, but I had an IH 205 that had a scourclean unit too. If I remember, there was a separate manual for the scourclean unit. Think it was made by Hart-Carter. I might still have the manual as it showed how to install it and operate it and maybe it had the list of screens you could use with it for various crops. I will check if I still have it. Al

RedRoundhead
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick 80 pull combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, the Skour-Kleen is what it is called, and it was not made by IH - it is a Hart-Carter. The grain stays IN the drum - the weed seeds go OUT of the drum. Your screen size should be slightly smaller that the grain size you are harvesting. Weed seed is smaller in size, so it passes thru the screen.

There is an IH manual for it - and they have IH part #'s for the different screens. I have the manual - somewhere, lol. I'll see if I can find it.

BTW, that Skour-Kleen is the same on IH 64, 76, 80, 82, 91, 93, 203, combines - they all use the same unit and screens. I want to say they list all the screen part #'s in the combines parts book. Most other brands of pull combines use the same unit, as well. The size is correct for a smaller machine. They all use the same size screens, too.

The one thing about the old IH stuff - they are not listed on the CIH website. Especially anything from IH of Canada - which is where most of their small combines were made, I think in Hamilton?

I usually buy the manuals off ebay - once you have the part number you need, it is amazing what is still out there on the inter-web.

And, sometimes there is nothing out there. Never hurts to look.

If you should strike out, you can make your own - I made one for soybeans for my 82 combine. I just found the slot/hole size, ordered a sheet of the correct metal from McNichols Co., snipped it to fit the Skour-Kleen, and away I went. It worked pretty well - took out alot of the pod husks.

Best of luck!

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick 80 pull combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are correct they have their own ops or mine do anyway,,
cnt

RedRoundhead
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick 80 pull combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is the one from my IH 82 - these are the same for the 80.

KeithKemerer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick 80 pull combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help. Unfortunately I have not been able to fine a screen to buy. Now that I've seen what the look like I am going to try to fabricate a few for my wheat, oats and soybeans. Thanks again. This is the first time I tried using this forum glad I came across it. It is GREAT!

KeithKemerer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick 80 pull combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help. Unfortunately I have not been able to fine a screen to buy. Now that I've seen what the look like I am going to try to fabricate a few for my wheat, oats and soybeans. Thanks again. This is the first time I tried using this forum glad I came across it. It is GREAT!

KeithKemerer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick 80 pull combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thnk You. This has been very helpful.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters