Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

tractor identification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beerfume
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: tractor identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hi gang!
My first post, although I have been lurking for some time and have learned a lot. I recently purchased an old tractor and could use your expertise in determining just what I've got so I can get the appropriate manuals. I'm no mechanic but have owned a lot of crappy old cars, trucks and vans over 4 decades so am somewhat mechanically inclined by necessity. The tractor was advertised as a '68 Fordson but I have my doubts as to the year, it obviously used to be a back hoe and is a pretty heavy duty old unit!

beerfume
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: tractor identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

more pics

Majorman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: tractor identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The last Fordson was built in September 1964 so it is certainly not a 1968. You have one picture which gives a casting date code which is April 2nd 1959 which makes the tractor a Power Major.

The engine number confirms the above as it also is from April 1959.

beerfume
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: tractor identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks Majorman, I certainly appreciate the prompt response! I can now research previous posts and at least give her some badly needed new grease, filters and fluids while waiting for the manuals to arrive. It runs pretty good considering it looks like it's had no maintenance at all for quite some time. No gauges at all, wires hanging everywhere that go nowhere, no working lights, no key and the odd leak, nothing I can't handle so far...

Robert Major
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: tractor identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I'll add to your reply's I've seen and worked on many Belarus tractor rear 3 point linkage systems over the years, but this would be the first one I've seen bolted to a Fordson Major tractor. Somebody got real creative fitting it and making it work. Regards Robert

cdmn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: tractor identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A guy just below (901SOS) wants some of those blank-off covers. Maybe he'll trade for
the factory setup??

beerfume
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: tractor identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thank you for contributing to my education Robert, every bit of info I can get is helpful!

beerfume
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: tractor identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hi, thanks, it appears the fella might have found what he was looking for

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Fordson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters