Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hot Water Pressure Washer Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RTR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Hot Water Pressure Washer Problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey guys. We have a Hotsy hot water pressure wash and have had some problems with it lately. It was in the shop last year and worked fine about 2 times before we had problems again. This time the pressure coming out of the gun is very light. Reminds me of the "spot free rinse" in automatic car washes. Now when it first started doing it, it would sometimes have normal pressure when you first pressed the trigger only to go to the lower pressure. Now it is lower pressure all the time. Secondly, it is trying to burn to heat the water but it is burning in spurts and smoking black smoke. Not sure if the problems are related or not.

We have a brand new unit we have never used ......bought it last time we got this one out of the shop. I'm just trying to get this one going and working, and am trying to fix it myself rather than spend another $600 on it so soon. Here is a video showing the problem.

https://youtu.be/72hv7mkgIWM

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Water Pressure Washer Problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The uneven pressure is usually the unloader valve. The unloader valve can also have a sensor on them that shuts the burner off if your not using any water. This way it does not over heat the water if your not washing.

One question?? Do you have hard water??? That will plug things up.

I put a filter/chemical inductor on my washer. It puts a polyphosphate into the water. The calcium is changed so it will not bond to the internal parts of the washer. The Brand is Scaltrol The unit we use is SC-100 from Pressure Washer Parts.com

I installed these 4-5 years ago and it greatly reduced the repair bills on the washer.

PS if you do have scale in your current washer you can use Muriatic acid to clean it. Mix 1/2 gallons of acid with 2 gallons of water. Remove the nozzle first. LOL It will plug with the stuff that comes loose. Then run the mixture through your washer without any heat. Mine has a tank with a float that the washer pump sucks water out of. So all I have to do is dump the mixture in it. When it has sucked it down I just turn the water back on to flush it out. If there is any calcium in there it will come out. The first time I did mine I got a five gallon bucket full out of it.

RTR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Water Pressure Washer Problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-JD Seller wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:07:42 07/11/1Cool The uneven pressure is usually the unloader valve. The unloader valve can also have a sensor on them that shuts the burner off if your not using any water. This way it does not over heat the water if your not washing.

One question?? Do you have hard water??? That will plug things up.

I put a filter/chemical inductor on my washer. It puts a polyphosphate into the water. The calcium is changed so it will not bond to the internal parts of the washer. The Brand is Scaltrol The unit we use is SC-100 from Pressure Washer Parts.com

I installed these 4-5 years ago and it greatly reduced the repair bills on the washer.

PS if you do have scale in your current washer you can use Muriatic acid to clean it. Mix 1/2 gallons of acid with 2 gallons of water. Remove the nozzle first. LOL It will plug with the stuff that comes loose. Then run the mixture through your washer without any heat. Mine has a tank with a float that the washer pump sucks water out of. So all I have to do is dump the mixture in it. When it has sucked it down I just turn the water back on to flush it out. If there is any calcium in there it will come out. The first time I did mine I got a five gallon bucket full out of it.

Is there a way to pull a plug and clean out a trap or something where debris might get stuck or collected? Do you hunk that is my problem from watching the video? We do have a water softener system but that Pressure Washer was bought used 2 years ago.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Water Pressure Washer Problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No the stuff get on the inside of the coils. If you have been running soft water through it you should be fine. So you need to look online for a parts break down on your model washer. The unloader valves usually are under $50. You just replace them usually.

RTR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Water Pressure Washer Problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-JD Seller wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:38:00 07/11/1Cool No the stuff get on the inside of the coils. If you have been running soft water through it you should be fine. So you need to look online for a parts break down on your model washer. The unloader valves usually are under $50. You just replace them usually.

Did you watch the video ? Is the valve moving back and forth in the video the unloader valve ?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters