Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee??

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deere Mark
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Start by draining fuel and replace with known good Diesel fuel. You can get bad Diesel fuel either by sabotage, or mistake, or bad from the supplier.
What happens to a Diesel engine when there is gasoline mixed in with the Diesel? In my 1981 VW Diesel car (a long time ago), the engine would run but would not develop enough power (probably due to detonation)to get the car up to speed. Did not seem to cause any damage and went back to normal once the tank had good fuel in it.
Putting gasoline in a modern Diesel engine can cause serious (and expensive) damage to the fuel injection system.
Maybe call your Kubota supplier and ask what they recommend.

DENNIS MIN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pitch,

Huh? I don,t get it.

D

RTR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Pitch wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:21:36 07/12/1Cool Sorry, I just have to ask, Just what kind of outfit is this that your first thought would be employee sabotage. I've worked for a couple of guys like that, first time their un maintained band aided equipment broke they started pointing fingers.

The interstate rest area is managed by the department of transportations roadway maintenance office. The people that work there are $10/hr. Employees off the street that cut grass and clean bathrooms. There is a supervisor onsite but we don't know what they are doing and have reason to believe it could be Sabotoge so they don't have to do the job. We would have to prove that of course. You're just dealing with a different type of people and anything is possible.

2510Paul
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ss55 had a good point. Where does the fuel come from that goes into the mower? If a storage tank, does the storage tank have a filter and some form of water separation? The bottom of those tanks are contaminated with dirt and water.

I friend bought a JD 4055 at an auction. Good intentioned people dumped everything they could from the on-site storage tank into the tractor. Well, the filters plugged quickly.

Paul

Crazy Horse
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So RTR ..... if they are sabotaging the equipment so they can't do the job, then it only makes sense that they lose their job if there is nothing to do. So why
not just quit and move on down the road? Doesn't make much sense no matter which way you look at it. Sometimes being too suspicious ends up being a bit of a
witch hunt. I think most of the replies regarding fuel contamination elsewhere should have you pointed in the right direction.

Crazy Horse
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pitch, I get it. And you are right, anything goes wrong, blame it on the government or their staff. But when you need help or support, you know who's always first in line for a government handout? The guy who complains about the government. Human nature they call it.

DoubleO7
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Crazy Horse wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:40:33 07/11/1Cool So RTR ..... if they are sabotaging the equipment so they can't do the job, then it only makes sense that they lose their job if there is nothing to do. So why not just quit and move on down the road? Doesn't make much sense no matter which way you look at it.

Get real, if it is a government contractor job. They are likely actually paid by a day slave trader (like Manpower).
No doubt the contract says they get paid for the day or until the equipment is up and running again. Or until the Super informs the slave trader that they will not be needing the workers the next day.
So if the worker does not like the job, they won't complain to the slave trader. They will make it so (laziness, stupidity, etc.) that the current Super tells the slave trader to send different people.

Charlie M
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I get what you are saying as we have a lot of minimum wage and not very ambitious people in our plant. While they have lots of issues in life we haven't had a sabotage incident and ours is a food facility.
What I'm saying anything is possible in todays world but if it were me I would look at the fuel storage first like the other guys are saying.

RTR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Pitch wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:21:36 07/12/1Cool Sorry, I just have to ask, Just what kind of outfit is this that your first thought would be employee sabotage. I've worked for a couple of guys like that, first time their un maintained band aided equipment broke they started pointing fingers.

The interstate rest area is managed by the department of transportations roadway maintenance office. The people that work there are $10/hr. Employees off the street that cut grass and clean bathrooms. There is a supervisor onsite but we don't know what they are doing and have reason to believe it could be Sabotoge so they don't have to do the job. We would have to prove that of course. You're just dealing with a different type of people and anything is possible.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DoubleO7 wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:09:19 07/11/1Cool
CVPost-Crazy Horse wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:40:33 07/11/1Cool So RTR ..... if they are sabotaging the equipment so they can't do the job, then it only makes sense that they lose their job if there is nothing to do. So why not just quit and move on down the road? Doesn't make much sense no matter which way you look at it.

Get real, if it is a government contractor job. They are likely actually paid by a day slave trader (like Manpower).
No doubt the contract says they get paid for the day or until the equipment is up and running again. Or until the Super informs the slave trader that they will not be needing the workers the next day.
So if the worker does not like the job, they won't complain to the slave trader. They will make it so (laziness, stupidity, etc.) that the current Super tells the slave trader to send different people.

Well, Double07, your statement indicates a lot of imagination to get there from what the OP has told us.

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Before I retired from the Army I held the average American worker in high regard. After I retired and I entered the work force I was quickly debased of that notion. Several different places I worked at employees in general were lazy and determined to do as little as possible. Some of these people were in their 50's and 60's in the mid to late 90's. So not just young people. One place I worked at a machine operator was caught sabotaging equipment because if his machine was down he got to sit and do nothing while being paid until it was up and running. The big reason he got caught was because he got to the point of doing it daily.

Rick

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If they are new diesel machines, the anti pollution units are clogging up because they are not being worked hard enough to activate the DEV? system. A good friend of mine, a Kubota dealer sold 6 front control compact tractors with cabs to a federal government agency to mow the grounds and take care of snow removal in the winter. Kubota took all 6 units back, and replaced the diesels with gas powered units because they never worked them hard enough to activate the pollution system.
Loren

grizz02
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think you are giving them to much credit or brains if you think its gas in the diesel open the cap and smell you will clearly smell gas in the tank over the diesel

ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Slave trader is a new term I had never heard before for contract labor suppliers, we used to call them pimps (they collected 40 percent over the workers pay).

JoeM(GA)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel Not Running Right - Was it Sabotaged by Employee? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Agree, grab the roll bar and shake it hard then remove the fuel cap, if there's gas in it the fumes should hit you quick. Quit trying to crank and or run them until you know. Sure sounds like a gas knock to me in the video

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters