Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

air supplied respirator problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
td466
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: air supplied respirator problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HI I just purchased a SAS 1/4 hp full face mask for a one man, operators manual says the combined maximum length of breathing air hose and inlet hose cannot exceed 300'.

The way my shop is set up this is what I have tried: I have a 100' air supply line this is from pump to my mask, and 50' inlet hose from outside (clean air) to the pump. I am not getting enough air to my mask, it makes it difficult to breath after a while.

I have tried using 100' air supply line and 25' of inlet, this works , but depending on the direction of the wind I can get paint fumes lingering around the inlet.

Anyone have any ideas how I should proceed?

Thanks

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: air supplied respirator problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Put your compressor outside, it is easier to blow than to suck.

I think 100' of hose is plenty.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: air supplied respirator problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Use an adapter to make your inlet tube larger diameter. If you were to use something an inch and a half or larger it would make 25 feet work like one foot. Small diameter kills flow much more on the inlet side than on the outlet.

td466
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: air supplied respirator problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am using the special intake extension hose offered by the pump supplier, it has a liner in it that gives off no harmful vapors, what can I use that will be safe that wont give off gasses?

td466
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: air supplied respirator problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

David, would it make a difference if I had a 3/4 hp pump?

Stephen Newell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: air supplied respirator problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think it would be better to talk to the manufacturer. They would know better if there was something wrong with how the unit was set up or if there was something wrong with the compressor. If the compressor isn't working right it's only going to get worse. By then the warranty may be out.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: air supplied respirator problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-td466 wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:38:27 07/21/1Cool I am using the special intake extension hose offered by the pump supplier, it has a liner in it that gives off no harmful vapors, what can I use that will be safe that wont give off gasses?

td what size is that extension hose? if it is less than 1.5 inch you will need to go bigger. Stainless steel would of course be safe but extremely spendy, unless you got used. You could try a dairy supply. 1.5 inch piping is very common in dairy.

td466
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: air supplied respirator problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the hose is 1.5"

44 massey
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: air supplied respirator problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure which system u have, with my Breathecool system the compressor sets outside and only hose it has is the 1 1/2 hose from compressor to respirator! I originally started with the hood but have opted to go the 1/2 mask respirator!!! I believe with one Man U I can go up to 300 ft, most I have used is 150!!! I have the air flow and with the 1/2 mask set to little over 1/2 of full air flow!!! Works excellent!!!!

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: air supplied respirator problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I have the 100' breathe cool hose.

In the summer, I lay a coil of about 20' in a bath of ice water, helps a lot.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Paint and Bodywork All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters