Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Sirius XM

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone listen to music on Sirius XM?
I love to listen to it while driving, especially while on vacation. We listen to listen to it on TV using Amazon firestick.

Willies's roadhouse is so relaxing, it puts me to sleep at night.

BIG RUH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I listen to 60 on 6 and 70 on 7. Rockin an rollin again

old popper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I listen to Willie's Roadhouse a lot, as a matter of fact I have it on right now.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Me too.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had XM for a while. Did the tunes seem kind of "flat" to you????

I listened to the old time shows and songs. Really liked the older comedians on there. I dropped it several years ago. When we quit hauling feed I just do not spend as much time in a vehicle like I used to.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JD, Just the opposite, I have two great sound systems, one in car one on TV. I hear musical notes I never heard on cheap TV and car radio.

My car hijacks my smartphone while driving. The sound quality of phone through car's speakers is amazing. Car uses phone's google maps for navigation. Again I hear it just fine at a low volume.

Before I got a better TV and car I thought I needed a hearing aid.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have Sirius on both my open station tractors I can not stand the mainstream news on the am fm and I can?t stand the crappy music either . My 3 channels are willies , prime country , and my very favorite is radio classics the old radio shows

Keith True
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wouldn't be without it.I put docking stations in all my vehicles,work shop,cellar shop,and a shed.I can just swap the receiver like changing a cassete.I actually have four subscriptions in my name.I have one that lives in the garage where I work,and another one that floats between four different vehicles.My wife bought a car that had it built in so I got her receiver turned on for Christmas.My mother likes it so I pay for my folks subscription at Christmas too.I will go without almost anything except music.I listen to some classic rock,a lot of Willies Roadhouse,most any country except for pop country.but the garage radio pretty much stays on Outlaw Country.

The Red
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, 40s Junction, channel 73. Mrs. Red got me hooked on that.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have it in my truck, and my wife has it in her Jeep. I wish my big tractor had it too. I mostly just don?t play the tractor radio. In my truck it?s Willie?s road house most of the time, but the 50?s and 60?s sometimes. My wife almost always listens to 40?s junction. I don?t want to hear news , weather , sports, traffic reports, blabbering DJ?s or advertising

Shetland Sheepdog
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ayup, Sweetie listens to The Message (contemporary Christian), and I listen to Enlighten (southern gospel)
When we're both in the car together, we take turns! LOL

Kid Shileen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep. I listen to XM every day. Mine seems to be stuck on outlaw country.

old bc
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sinatra Channel and 40's Junction most of the time.
I've had it since XM started.

docmirror
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-JD Seller wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:30:47 07/21/1Cool I had XM for a while. Did the tunes seem kind of "flat" to you????

the audio bandwidth of XM is pretty good, around 16Khz. However, the compression of the digitized media is significant, leading to many to describe it as tinny, or crunchy. High sampling rates, and high end analog to digital conversion make for very high cost. The signal is digital all the way from the source, through the antenna, to the receiver, and is converted back to analog in the audio portion of your radio. I think most of the issues still come from the source, so getting a different radio most likely won't help. But - I don't know(and XM isn't telling) what the sample rates are, or the compression algorithm they use.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Sirius XM Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know what SXM does. I have an 2018 XT5 with a Bose sound system. It sounds GREAT. I hear musical notes that I've never hear before. Like I said before. I thought I needed a hearing aid. Instead I just needed a good quality sound system.

Don't have a Bose radio yet for house, but will check into one.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters