Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I H did not BUILD there own , it was Farmed out to OTC and yes the flow rate that he has will work . I am sure the one he has is far better then mine as his will do more PM and probably higher pressures . Now like i said i am not sure what pressure relief your suppose to have as i never looked today to say for sure . but someplace around or above 2150 to 2450 and free flow should be 13 GPM and a decent pump will do 10 to 12 GMP at just before relief . If your pump start falling like a rock as soon as you start to load it at Operating temp and that is between 165-190 the pump has done gone to lunch .

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I read someplace on the 1086 the relief valve is 2250psi. He stopped by after work today and his gauge goes to 3000psi but he needed a couple more adapters to get it to the right size. I sent a hose-end home with him and the plan is tomorrow to come back by with gauge attached to the hydraulic hose end. We will insert it into a remote outlet and open the flow lever and then hit the remote lever. But looking at your description, I wonder if I would be better served if I attached it someplace else so that I can read pressure as it is trying to lift the load.?. If I attach just straight to gauge it is just going to go straight to the highest pressure it can attain or until relief valve kicks out right? Nothing will happen in this configuration until I hit the lever. Is the pressure supposed to be virtually constant to some degree when hydraulics are in use regardless of the weight or load or does the pressure increase along with the weight of the load. The flowmeter I am guessing will need to have one end of it running back into the reservoir, or do I actually put it inline with the hydraulic cylinder hose?

I realize he may already know these answers but I like educating myself and value advice from those such as you all here. Plus I love troubleshooting a problem. I learned a long time ago that wisdom can either be acquired from a lot of trial and error on your own or from listening to the words of those who have had their own "wisdom acquisition" moments. I am not too proud to opt for the latter whenever I can. When it's over I've learned either way.

Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe you should try changing the filter again,You did say it was really dirty. Just saying

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You know, I thought about that last night. Certainly wouldn't hurt. I also wondered since I found sort of a cruddy look on that screen and given that the tractor didn't get a whole lot of use last year I wonder if that same "crudiness" could have created issues inside with those flow valves in the MCV that make them not move as well. Especially if those springs were already getting weak from age. It was just a thought and I realize that may be reaching a bit too.

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The MCV has NOTHING TO DO with the rear hyd. NONE

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ahhh, thanks for correcting me. It's possible that I used the wrong term or maybe I missed something in the diagram or (more likely) was just a wrong assumption. The valves that I were thinking of were the ones here, but if these are not involved with the remote circuit then I guess they couldn't be a possibility. If image doesn't come through just let me know and I'll try to supply it another way.

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe this is the diagram I should have been referring to for controlling flow to remotes??? Hopefully this afternoon's pressure and flow test provide a clearer picture.

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, got his gauge tonight and plugged into both remotes. Revved up to 1900 RPM and only got 1000psi at max. On the remote that is used more often I noticed when I shut tractor down its pressure backed down about 350 psi right off then slowly crept down to 500psi.

Does that shed any more light? I mean I am pretty sure that couldn't be right if relief pressure is 2300 to 2500 psi right?

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, checked pressure. Could only get 1000psi @ 1900rpm on both remotes.

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pressure checked in both remotes. Both got a 1000psi @ 1900rpm. The one that's used more often leaked down to 500psi after I shut the tractor off.

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tractor Vet,

He couldn't get the flowmeter so since I only have the reading from pressure gauge (1,000psi max) is that enough info to warrant any sort decision or not really? As I understand it the pump is "flow" and the springs/valve/regulator/etc more directly affects pressure due to providing resistance on the circuit. I do realize that is the most simplistic description of hydraulics and by no means addresses all of the concepts of a circuit like that.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters