Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will Herring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Someone local is trying to sell one and I am curious what it would be worth. Decent paint and rubber, has been shedded, seems to run good (but am told it can take starting fluid/hard start). Has a Woods belly mower. Think it is a 1948 model.

Anything special to look for on it, or variants that of interest? Any idea of a rough price range?

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Save yourself a ton of aggravation and put that
money you will spend on the C and put it towards a
name brand ZTR.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I mow with an Allis C that has a woods 5 foot belly mower under it. I gave 600 for this tractor not running and 400 for the Woods mower. This is ending the seventh summer. No reason for one to start hard as long as you have good compression, a clean carburetor and a hot spark in proper time. Mine starts about like hitting a switch on an electric motor. I overhauled the engine using in spec used parts except for bearings and new old stock auto rings bought off ebay. I bought a new head gasket and manifold gasket also. I made the rest of the gaskets. I rebuilt the head using used small block Chevy valves removed from a racing engine from an engine builder off ebay as well. Less than 200 in parts that I didn't have here. I did this to prove you do not have to buy all new parts to have a good long term running tractor. I use it to mulch manure down in my hay fields as well as three acres of lawn. I use a Craftsman lawn mower to get close and under some electric fence.

IA Roy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree that if you don't have an open
field to mow, a ztr is the way to go.
Tractor with a belly mower is not very
maneuverable and trimming around things is
very time consumimg.

Aaron SEIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$600-$1600. Pictures tell a lot. Mowing with a C wouldn't be very fun. Every time you step on the clutch you lose the PTO.
AaronSEIA

Aaron SEIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$600-$1600. Pictures tell a lot. Mowing with a C wouldn't be very fun. Every time you step on the clutch you lose the PTO.
AaronSEIA

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I very seldom push in the clutch until I stop to get off. I think mowing with my C or B is fun!

Aaron SEIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It would be provided one didn't have a bunch of backing up or changing gears. I wish I had a mower for my boys C. It'd come in pretty handy at times.
AaronSEIA

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I only have a couple trees with four light poles along the road and keep the rpm's up around 2200 in second gear and make circles to get close to the rounduped area around them. I mow around the horse lots with them set up to where I can end up around one and start on the next without stopping. I have deep ditch corner ways across the place and make one round on it where I have to stop and back around to head back. I mow the front lawns in lands like you would plow a field.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do drive in first gear with lower rpm's when doing double duty.

Will Herring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Allis C with Woods Belly mower price range? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Hope to get a look at it or to get some pictures and maybe get a better feel or share with you guys on here.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters