Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

telescoping gooseneck hitch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjsons
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thinking of trying to make a lite weight lo profile car hauler with a gooseneck hitch to be tilting...

Seems to me one should be able to use a cylinder in the neck to raise the whole trailer

anyone ever seen this or tried it?
thanks

caterpillar guy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup saw one at the sale in Archbold Oh one time. The neck just tilted forward as the deck came up. That let the tail hit the ground. You can probably buy one if you look around. To make one would be a lot of work and cost.

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why not just built a tilt bed gooseneck. Very simple, subframe it back to near the front spring hanger and add a hyd cylinder and a 12v. powerpack to do the tilting?

bjsons
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, I could probably buy one but have the goosseneck trailer already, and just want to eliminate ramps...felt it should be easy to raise to design something but am kind at a loss on exactly what ....

In otherwords..looking for a cheap-(isn't everyone?) easy fix...

I know years ago there were some machinery trailers that raised the hitch to tilt..but can't seem to find any info now.

Thanks for the response and your advice..I do not often actually post on this forumn but do read a lot ...good site
thanks
Mike

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our tractor clubs pulling sled has a tongue like I think you are talking about. It a has a hydraulic cylinder mounted to the side of the ball mount and a 12v Hyd power pack. I will take some pictures. I have also seen a gooseneck ball mount mounted on a square trailer jack. Either of these set-ups will level the trailer but I don't think you can get enough travel to tilt the trailer for loading. I personally like the idea of a hydraulic dovetail.

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you might also take a look at one of those equipment trailers that semis have where the axles slide forward hydraulically,that drops the rear of the trailer on the ground,its loaded,then the axles are slid back into position for travel,you might be able to duplicate that setup on your trailer ,im not sure if you can get the gooseneck to raise enough to get the back end to the ground, unless you use a long cylinder like for a dump truck which is very heavy ,and pivoting with the axles being the hinge, it would have to go quite a way up to get the backend on the ground it might be too steep to load then

farmeracb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look at Landoll 300 series on their website, you might get some ideas for yours, or watch for a used one like that as they aren"t real expensive. I have one that I haul tractors in with. Upside, haul anything. downside, heavy, max load is about 20000, and too much for a dually pickup, too little for a road tractor. Hope it helps. Adam

Meangreen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look at this...
Check this out

bjsons
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for all comments....I already have the trailer built that I want to tilt..

Welding man...could you e-mail me a pic sometime of the one your club has?

Just looking for the easiest way to tilt an existing trailer...

I have seen the ones where the whole gooseneck hitch tilts--that would be my next option but would take quite a bit more effort....

thanks again

Mike
bjsons@pinenet.com

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike, The sled is about 5 miles away ,I will try to get you some pictures in a couple of days.

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dang! i wish id seen this before i bought my new trailer,guess im old fashioned now with using ramps, a consignment lot up in the next town went me another one better, a 80's or 90's freightliner day cab cabover tractor with a roll back bed on it and a nice 20 ton winch but man i dont need another 4 mpg truck!

504-1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is one down the road that has a telescopic post for a hitch, heavy square tubing sliding in a square tube with a hyd cyl on the out side to lift it(telescope) It could be built in to almost any trailer.

charles todd
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: telescoping gooseneck hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My next trailer will be a State Line GTH (goose tilt high deck). Little more cost, but, WHOA! Easy to load.

http://sltrailers.com/GH_Tilt_Bed_Hi_DeckS.html

CT

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.