Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ya'll Yankees better not look at this...

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwstang
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was 78F down here in the south today. I finally got to use the 2 bottom plow that I picked up for $150. It's an IH and heavy.

Chickens are trying to help me...They are daredevils running in front of the wheels like they do.

Roosters after each other, worried somebody is gonna get layed (pun intended) more than the other...lol

I hit it with the plow for several times around and then put the 1 row cultivator on and went around and around...

Here is the plow. Hard to find one in good condition around here for a decent price. Seems everyone want $300 plus for a worn out piece of junk.

gwstang
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess it won't let me do but so much in one frame so here is some more.

Just about time to get this ready for crusin'

gwstang
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One last frame and I'll be done...

I've got one of these varmints too..the car, not swmbo...lol. This was taken a couple of years ago when we went to a show in Pensacola. We will be married 36 years in May.

gwstang
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now, I can ask a question!

How do I smooth off the plowed area after using the plow and cultivator?
Do I need to use some kind of a drag to pull behind, like a piece of chain link fence or something?

I have a middle buster to open the rows when it is smoothed off some. It's going to be about another month before actual planting begins so I need to get an idea now of how to do this.

Thanks, Gary

IrvIA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I AM envious. Nice find. What did you pull it with? I see the 8N's still got the blade on it. It's been raining here for at least 30 hours and 40 degrees, but we're so grateful for the moisture. We're even having some local flooding.
But our springs a coming..I think. Last year one of the locals planted his corn on the 15th of March (65 degrees) and was done by the 29th.
It froze off once when it was little, but still made a good crop. Everybody raised their eyebrows when he started but he had a leg up on the nasty summer heat and dry weather we had.

IrvIA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm an old Ford pu man but I'd trade one of my Fergies to pull that plow with for that neat old Chebby! Might even throw in a little cash!
Irv

Trkr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

International Machine Co.,Bethel,Ohio plow.Not IH.

Dahlin 2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a plow that looks just like that but it is a leinbach Line. We bought it new from a John Deere dealer about 4 years ago. We added the colters. Does a pretty good job of plowing once it is adjusted properly.

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got one just like that. Think I paid about the same from TSC, new a few years back. Used it behind a Farmall 200. Without draft sensing rear hitch, it was a difficult tool to use. Finally put a guage wheel on the frame in front of and between the shares. That way, I could "float" the plow so it wasn't bobbing up and down with every uneven surface in the field. Have also had trouble with the top link frame shifting sideways. Someday, I'll figure out a reengineering for it. Think it needs to be more centered, where the top link attaches (left-right).

Turns out that the plow is not IH. Made by a small manufacturer in Ohio, Cleveland, I think. Someone on this board will probably be able to set me straight.

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

really nice pictures!

Bill(Wis)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That'a a southern redneck job of plowing if I ever saw one. How much barley pop did it take to get it that way? Soooo, what are you going to do in July? Pray?

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I paid $250 for my dearbourn model 10-1 two bottom
plow in great shape, looks alot heaiver than that plow.

gwstang
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the plow info guys. I always think IH when I see the International on something (and its red)...lol. This ground had not been plowed in 30 years so it definitely needs working up. I don't who the troll is with one post on here, but if you want to come down here and prove something you are welcome to do so. I do use the old ('52) 8 N for chores. I am just learning about this plowing stuff, so bare with me, glad to hear any suggestions or help ya'll got for me. Just thought somebody might like to see some pics on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Smile

Forgot to add that in July, it will be about 100F plus...sweating bad then.

Last edited by gwstang on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
gwstang
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hah! We do tend to redneck things way down here...lol

DiyDave
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya'll Yankees better not look at this... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like you turned it over OK, those who can, do, those who
can't post under aliases! I plowed up our garden, and a coupla little
tater patches, today with the junk kubota, and a 1 bottom plow,
today.
Garden was too wet, by a day or 2, and the hilly ground where I
wanna plant potatoes is too much clay! Maybe some cow crap, and
compost will fix the clay, IDK, but gonna give her a whirl!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.