Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deere Scotty
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Called my local JD dealer in Indiana on Saturday. Asked them to order a new 709 gyro mower, if they didn't have one on another of the 6 dealerships they have. Salesperson said I will contact the warehouse, or factory (someplace like that) & get back in a few minutes. Called back about an hour later, & said He just found out they were discontinued in 2012, & couldn't get one. Said they replaced them with an "HX7" with a list price of 15% higher than a 709. I started calling other dealers, & after going through 4 salespeople who searched about 30, or so dealers within their networks. I located 2 at a JD dealer in Dwight, IL. About 200 miles away.

I bought one of the last existing 709's for $5700. IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS ONE DONT WAIT! I spent almost 3 hours trying to find locate one, & was surprised to find 2 on the same lot. Haven't even seen it yet, I plan to go after it this weekend. My dad bought one in 1977, or 78. Means they have made them for at least 35 years. Minor changes; but basically the same machine! I am sure the 609 had the same fate; but is there another JD item that has lasted as long out there?

Matt in TN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Deere Scotty wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:27:16 03/12/13) Called my local JD dealer in Indiana on Saturday. Asked them to order a new 709 gyro mower, if they didn't have one on another of the 6 dealerships they have. Salesperson said I will contact the warehouse, or factory (someplace like that) & get back in a few minutes. Called back about an hour later, & said He just found out they were discontinued in 2012, & couldn't get one. Said they replaced them with an "HX7" with a list price of 15% higher than a 709. I started calling other dealers, & after going through 4 salespeople who searched about 30, or so dealers within their networks. I located 2 at a JD dealer in Dwight, IL. About 200 miles away.

I bought one of the last existing 709's for $5700. IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS ONE DONT WAIT! I spent almost 3 hours trying to find locate one, & was surprised to find 2 on the same lot. Haven't even seen it yet, I plan to go after it this weekend. My dad bought one in 1977, or 78. Means they have made them for at least 35 years. Minor changes; but basically the same machine! I am sure the 609 had the same fate; but is there another JD item that has lasted as long out there?

You paid $5700 for a 7' 3 point hitch bush hog?!?!

sd pete
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wouldn't be in a big hurry to go get it!

M Nut
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 609 bought new about 1994 and it cost $3500 back then. Money well spent though. Had a Woods brand for a short time, and that was like a tin tinker toy compared to this John Deere 609. Cut a lot with it on a 4020 with no problems at all. The woods brand was about killed by a 135 Massey. Really no comparison between the two. Yes, they are very expensive, but with common sense and care you'll never have to buy another mower.

Wile E
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have to say the same thing as Matt in Tennessee.
You paid $5,700 for a brush hog or finish mower?
You can buy a brush hog, (without green paint) for under $3,000, TSC, even a Case IH or Case NH dealer.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AHW in dwight is just down the road from me!!!

JTinNJ

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That green paint is worth so much more.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some things Deere has are over rated but their Rotary Cutters/Bush Hogs are the best by far.

VicS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a 7 ft rotary cutter once, you can't mow anymore than you can with a 6 ft. maybe even a 5 ft. All you get is between your wheels. All our wheels are set for 30" rows.

larrystinescorner
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I dont remember what number this one is,its up in pa, It is a JD finish mower,It has been real good,I was lucky,a friend of my brothers gave it to him,It needed one pulley and a belt.My brother gave it to me,and I got the parts and fixed it.

John730D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AHW John Deere in Dwight is just up the road from me!

marloweg

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Deere don't even make the da- thing so WHY is it so good ????? green paint????

GeneMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am still using a Bush Hog that my dad bought in 1967. We used the heck out of it, and it is still all original, except for the blades.

Gene

bg/mo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER END; has come for John Deere! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the hx7 , the top of the deck is smooth,, no pockets to hold trash ,the 709 is full of places to hold trash which equals rust after time.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.