Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For You Allis Experts

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SproutW
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m an early IHC guy and know next to nothing about an Allis Chalmers other than I"ve always liked the looks of them. I acquired this old girl from my brother-in-law and I assume it"s a WD. I remember the WC having a round differential. I cannot find a serial number for the life of me to verify. She"s complete but the engine is stuck. Any of you experts tell me what I"ve got? I noticed she has hydraulics and a two point(?). I guess I'm trying to figure out if she's worth restoring, selling or parting out. Pictures follow.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

by all means save it, paint it and use it.
great old tractors.

mix up a 50/50% solution of Acetone and automatic transmission fluid.
pour this solution into each cylinder and put the plugs back in,
wait a week or two and see what happens.

this solution is suspose to be the #1 penetrating fluid.
as you well know, dragging the old tractor around poping the clutch can only break some drive train parts.

good luck with the old tractor.

BIG RUH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My vote is WD. It looks like it has a magneto. Don't
think that the 45's did.

John730D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, first off I am not an Allis expert. But from what I see the curved gearshift lever tells me it is a WD45, and it has a delco distributer, not a mag.

Just my 1 1/2 cents.

Your mileage may vary.

SAMBO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats a WD45 you can tell by the shifter is bent a wd is straight these tracoters don"t have individual serial numbers, there should be a serial number, casting number on the engine that tells that its a wd45 or it could be something to do with the block if i could remember correctly theres only very suttle differences

rustymn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

did any wd45"s come with the pin style drawbar instead of the snap coupler bell.

matt scott
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a early WD. IT has a cast iron clutch pedal and steering shaft support under the gas tank. The serial number is located on the left rear of the differential housing or under the left side brake cover.

J. Everett
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, it's a WD-45. The tractor serial# is located on the rear axil, just to the rear of the left break access plate, ( I just asked this same question a few weeks ago).
50/50 Acetone- ATF, but you need to make sure there is no water inside of the engine..put the plugs back in and cover the exaust, let it sit for a week, then remove the plugs and rock the tractor back and forth in high gear by pushing and pulling "by hand" on the rear tire. I have a WD...nearly the same thing only less hp and alittle older, good old tractors.

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WD
The engine has the magneto drive (WD only) but the mag. has been replaced with the aftermarket Delco Remy dist. drive assy.
It looks like the short cyl. head, but I can't tell for sure. It has a WD air cleaner. It has a replacement (WD45) manifold.
No snap coupler.
So, unless someone has pieced together a real mongrel, it's a WD.

Aaron SEIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I vote WD. Curved shifter looks like it was done with a torch. Distributor conversion, plate on the side of the block, pin hitch. Serial number will be just above the bolt to the left of the differential cover. Should start with WDXXX Looks to be in fair shape. The spin out rims are expensive to replace new, but can be patched. They came factory with fluid in the rears, and have a tendency to rust around the valve stems. If you can get her broke free, it's a fun tractor to run.
AaronSEIA

wolfman
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a WD

black

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The shifter has been altered and not original to either model. My guess it's a WD,so grab it and have fun.

Lonnie Smith
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with Black. Shifter is wrong for any model. Probably a WD. If it has a rectangle plate bolted to the right side of the block behind the oil filter/ magneto area then it's a WD engine.

wolfman
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check out the skinny rims and small tires - not 45s; the hitch is WD ;the head is WD; the low fenders, the mag drive; but most of all the PTO drive is the dead giveaway - all WD. Someone did bend up a straight gear shift (they also put the battery in sideways) but those factors just say WD with bent up (not curved) shifter & sideways batt!

Sid
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: For You Allis Experts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What do you mean "these tractors don't have idividual serial numbers"?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.