Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

update on lathe accident

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohiojeff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just returning from visiting dad in hospital,turns out losing his finger is least of his problems as the doctors have discovered two broken vertebrae in his back and he will be in a brace for at least three months.He is bruised from his fingers to his neck,but he has a good prognosis.For those wondering he was operating a 20 foot fatwu engine lathe that is 50-60 years old.Thank you for your prayers as it is very stressful for mom who thinks the world of my father.

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the update.Hope he recovers quickly.

Vito

Whichester1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tough to hear, hope he is better soon.

rick165
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

where in ohio are you from jeff.i am just east of zanesville and commute to columbus everyday.
RICK

ohiojeff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Salem,just south of Youngstown,northwest of Pittsburgh,Pa

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hope he recovers soon. Spinal injuries are nothing to mess with. Jim

Ron in NS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your dad's accident. It's hard on everyone in the family. BTDT

John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So sorry to hear about your dad's accident Jeff! I hope a good and full recovery for him.

redtom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He's lucky it pulled his shirt off. Our company had a fatality several years ago because the lathe man's shirt wound up in extra stock protruding from head stock and suffocated him. although he was alone.

dr sportster
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No wonder your Mom is worried . I hope your Dad comes out okay with the back injuries.

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hope for all the best for your dad and your family.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pray for his recovery, he was LUCKY to be alive.

Roger Tomfohrde
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hope his recovery goes well. Many years ago when I walked into Federal Mogul in Lake City, I saw a bunch of people with missing fingers and the stories they would tell about accidents made sure I didn't wear any rings or loose clothing. I did get to see a person get his middle two fingers pulled out of their sockets one day and that was enough.
Personally I almost got clamped by a fixture one day , I was lucky it only had 5 psi of pressure and it was small so it only caught me by suprise.
Hope he doesn't get too depressed why waiting and it will be hard waiting but he needs to take it slow and don't do any more damage to his back.

Spook
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Best wishes on his recovery.

larrystinescorner
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: update on lathe accident Reply to specific post Reply with quote

best wishes from us too

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.