Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Itty bitty remotes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just finished this live hydraulics conversion for a customer who also wanted a small single spool Prince valve and two quarter inch remotes for "little" jobs. At 2.5 GPM it ain't going to run a loader but it should handle the customer's top link just fine. As I was looking at it I'm thinking it would easily handle a snow plow. Or a two spool valve and a couple small cylinders on the lift arms could turn a back blade into a very nice terracing/ditching setup.

TOH

Last edited by TheOldHokie on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks nice. Where/what is the pump and reservoir?

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

a t2.5gpm.. it's almost like the N internal pump.. which many ran loaders off of. :)

no speed demon.. but better than a wheel barrow!

looks nice. as usual for your creations...

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roger in Iowa wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:05:19 03/16/13) Looks nice. Where/what is the pump and reservoir?

The remotes are just an add-on to my standard belt drive live hydraulics conversion that uses the tractor sump. I didn't have the suction line hooked up when I took these pictures but it connects to the 2" drain in the OEM belly pump using a custom made adapter. The adapter is just a bushing that replaces the drain plug and turns the drain into a #12 SAE o-ring hydraulic port capable of accepting any standard SAE hydraulic fitting.

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

soundguy wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:35:01 03/16/13) a t2.5gpm.. it's almost like the N internal pump.. which many ran loaders off of. Smile

no speed demon.. but better than a wheel barrow!

Yeah but I can do a lot better than 2.5 GPM. The one on the assembly line right behind this one is 10+ GPM and has a two spool valve and 4 outlets. Will look almost identical - just bigger hoses and outlets and more of them.

TOH

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i figured that 2.5gpm one must be small like a sodacan or weedeater engine. Smile

Jubilee85 (VA)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WOW - from one hokie to another - dat dare is some fine engineering! I wish I had something that I could run with this nice pump.

OT - you ever keep up with the alt fuel car from VT? those guys won first place in the nation last year! the leader of the group was a former student of mine and a smart cookie, they brought the car by school, wow - talk about an engineering feat!

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jubilee85 (VA) wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:32:17 03/16/13) WOW - from one hokie to another - dat dare is some fine engineering! I wish I had something that I could run with this nice pump.

OT - you ever keep up with the alt fuel car from VT? those guys won first place in the nation last year! the leader of the group was a former student of mine and a smart cookie, they brought the car by school, wow - talk about an engineering feat!

The engineering departments have done some real nice stuff.

Maybe I could interest you in one of these to replace that Gawd Awful vane pump on your Jubilee Wink

TOH

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I really admire all of the ad-ons you come up with. Thanks for sharing!

Colin, MN

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Colin King wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:33:55 03/16/13) I really admire all of the ad-ons you come up with. Thanks for sharing!

Colin, MN

I like to tinker. My mother started putting all of the clocks in our house up out of my reach about the time I started walking Wink

TOH

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice work TOH.
I assume this setup also gives the tractor live hydraulics? Live hyds is the biggest drawback on the N Series Fords and this would correct that.
One thought about your setup:
Maybe future installs could incorporate hard piping from the front to the rear?
Later Fords did a pretty good job with tucking the lines along the side of the chassis.
More work I know but the finished product would be much less Medusa-esque.

Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow! Looks nice...

DollarBill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ultradog MN wrote:
One thought about your setup:
Maybe future installs could incorporate hard piping from the front to the rear?
Later Fords did a pretty good job with tucking the lines along the side of the chassis.
More work I know but the finished product would be much less Medusa-esque.

What he said.

I'd like to convert my working girl to live hydraulics but the snake pit of loose rubber hoses has kept that project on hold until I could figure out a way to hard pipe it.

C'mon Dan, I know you can do it - How hard can it be for a pro like you!? Very Happy

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

haha! Nice :-)

Colin

gwstang
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Itty bitty remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice job, I too am envious of your work! You have what the kids now a days call "mad skilzs"...lol

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.