Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A big Thank-you to GB!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Fissell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: A big Thank-you to GB! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gary has now helped me through 3 carb rebuilds (tsx-33, tsx-428, tsx-580). He has called me on the phone, answered emails, looked at my pics, and explained to me what to do. I am really grateful for his generosity and his help. The 600 tractor now idles down to 350 rpm (tho it misses at that speed! bup bup bup bup bup bup bup bup bup) and starts immediately.

Everyone else on this board has been fantastic as well - Chris, Old, TOH, and so on. But I wanted to give GB a special thanks for his generosity.

Bill Fissell

01BIRDDOG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: A big Thank-you to GB! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

William Fissell wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:56:44 03/17/13) Gary has now helped me through 3 carb rebuilds (tsx-33, tsx-428, tsx-580). He has called me on the phone, answered emails, looked at my pics, and explained to me what to do. I am really grateful for his generosity and his help. The 600 tractor now idles down to 350 rpm (tho it misses at that speed! bup bup bup bup bup bup bup bup bup) and starts immediately.

Everyone else on this board has been fantastic as well - Chris, Old, TOH, and so on. But I wanted to give GB a special thanks for his generosity.

Bill Fissell
I can't brag on his work enough even tho i have never had in hand one of his rebuilds. The reports from people he has done a rebuild for speak much louder.

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: A big Thank-you to GB! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK GUYS....,.,enough already!!!! Embarassed
Yer givin' me a RED FACE Laughing
Thanks for the kind words, and glad to help anyone with the endevores, of the carb rebuilds.......BUT,....I don't wear sandels, and dang sure cannot walk on water.....just an old jerk, that, you ALL have to put up with, telling you what to do!!!

BTW Bill.....That bup bup bup, noise is the 'Harley' effect, or a 'Stearman prop', sound when yer engine idle is set too low!!!! Laughing
JMHO...ya should raise the idle to about 450-475 on the 600, and same for the JUBE, and 'N"!!!! BUT what do I know???? NOT much!!!! Shocked

Thanks again...for lettin' me mess with yer carbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary (GB in MT) Very Happy

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: A big Thank-you to GB! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Red face or not, I'd like to add my thanks to the pile.
I was so frustrated with one of mine I was going to send
it out to have Gary fix it or buy a replacement.
Gary fixed it over the phone in an hour or so, then he
sent me all the instructions in writing just in case I forgot
or had to do it again.
Complete with pictures just for those guys like me! Smile
Thanks a million Gary!

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: A big Thank-you to GB! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WELL Royse;
All I did was listen to what yer carb said over the phone, then tell you what to do to make it right. YOU, did the work!!!!

And....yer welcome....anytime!!!!
BUT, ......next time ya go to the BAHAMAS, and don't send me a ticket to join you.........I'm gonna get ticked off!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Gary Smile

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: A big Thank-you to GB! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GB in MT. wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:32:54 03/17/13)
WELL Royse;
All I did was listen to what yer carb said over the phone, then tell you what to do to make it right. YOU, did the work!!!!

And....yer welcome....anytime!!!!
BUT, ......next time ya go to the BAHAMAS, and don't send me a ticket to join you.........I'm gonna get ticked off!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Gary Smile

Do ya think we could get Hermie a passport?
He might get lonely otherwise! Laughing

W_B
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: A big Thank-you to GB! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Although I didn't ask, Gary said to call him and he walked me through a rebuild on my 9N carb. Went perfectly and the 8N build I did right after that was a snap. Thanks for being there, Gary!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.