Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shop Manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Darlington
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Shop Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey folks, We have an Owner's Manual and a Parts Manual for our Ferguson TO30 Serial# TO-104251. We'd like to get a good service/shop manual, but which one? I see one on here, Service Manual, 197 Pages, for $36.95. I have also run across IT Shop manuals, and others for approx. $25. Recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.

Tom Bowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike, from the standpoint of a complete novice (me) with a TO-20, the Shop Manual is MUCH more detailed and complete than the I&T Manual. (I have both.)

That said, there are a few pictures and drawings that are actually better in the I&T manual than in the "official" Shop Manual - the print job on the Shop Manual reprint isn"t the best.

I didn"t get the Shop Manual from this site, but I think I paid about the same price that you mentioned.

Check Amazon for the I&T book - I think I got mine for like Nine (9) bucks, shipped.

Mike Darlington
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are Shop/Service manuals on DVD at Ebay for around 15 bucks. I bought a DVD manual for our dirt bikes and have been happy with it. Hmmm

Tom Bowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I considered getting a DVD version, Mike, but then I thought (a) I don"t to print out the
whole manual at home, so I can use it, and (2) I don"t want to take a laptop out to the garage to work on the tractor!

I can see where the DVD has it"s advantages, however.

chuck41
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike, I have the Ferguson Dealer Shop Manual,197
pg Ex cond but a few smudges on the cover.Extreme
detail. You could have for $21 plus postage ?$5
Also have a new IT still in wrapper $9 incl post.
Chuck

Jerry/MT
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check the archives. I posted a link for an ebay DDVD that has a Ferguson Shop Manual for $9.95 that i bought that i was very happy with. If you want a hardcopy you can get them for under $20 and shipping on ebay.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.