Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/photos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdcornborex2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking at this tractor to buy and I not sure how rare and possible value. I was told it is number 2 out of 5 built not sure I believe that. I posted a photo of the tag.Thanks for any help.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think there was more than five built,someone will tell you

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks like there were 6 UTI-D s made. The prefix # is correct by my records.
Mite of been 67 or 69 UTIL-D s built. clint

maj-mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

# 2 of 5 built. 1st for 1955.

there were 114 UTIL-D built ( the "L" indicated Shuttle transmission)

That is a RARE Tractor, and I don't use RARE much. Buy it & restore it WITH the Ottawa loader & Hoe, as they were MM Allied Attachments. If you remove the loader & hoe, it will de-value this tractor. Too many people buy MM industrials, remove attachments & just restore the tractor, this is sad.

Value is subjective. Does it Run? run well? looks to me like it's been parked outside for sometime, that hurts. Location? etc.

jdcornborex2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. Do you have a rough idea on value.A rough guess would work I mostly own John Deere.Thanks for the help.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If there's only 5 or 6 made just buy it, no one will have one like it. You could probebly pay about whatever it takes to get it. And it won't hurt you any.

Jake Winn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great find, it for sure needs to be saved. Looking at the fact that the starter is missing and it looks like it has been sitting a while, so you dont know engine condition. MM diesel engine parts can be spendy along with fuel injection pumps.

It is rare, but MM rare is different that JD rare. Having had both, a rare MM will usually cost about what a common Deere numbered tractor might cost, unless its an R Cab or UDLX, or something with MFWD. I would say thats a $1500-2000 tractor, so about scrap price. Complete and running order, $4-5000.

Keep us up to date on what happens with it.

mightymolinekid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you (or whoever) ends up with this (and I pray someone besides a Scrapper or parts jockey does) I have an extra 283 diesel starter I would sell. It needs to be rebuilt, or I have a shop that can rebuild it if you prefer.

6pack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the looks of the platform, cross between U and UB

Roger H MI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

very rare, If you don"t want it let me know.

armand tatro
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have any pictures showing the backhoe attatchment and could you post them? Thank you. Armand

Matt L
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was a few built.

I posted a while back on util d's

shinnery
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: UTI D I am looking for some info. on this tractor w/pho Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Matt you appear to have a UTIL-D, he has found a UTI-D (no L). My book shows a different prefix.
Bryce

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.