Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Along the highway

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larrystinescorner
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have driven past this little building along rt 78 west,just past Bethlehem PA ,Probably thousands of times. I Pulled off the highway to take a picture of it,It is all that remains of what used to be a homestead,probably was bought out when the highway went through the farm, As I drove off the other day,I was wondering ,,should I post it on tractor talk? Then I realised why we all like this tractor site,Sure it is an old tractor site,but it is more than that ,Most of the people on this site have something in common. They realise that time does not stand still,but they try the best they can to hang on to some history,and use old stuff if it is still good,I guess thats why I took the picture and posted it,It may be just a little old shed that used to sit next to a farmhouse,but somebody worked hard to build it,so I Think it is worthy of a picture and a posting on T Talk,,,,, I hope some of you do too

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

larry@stines,
That is so cool! Great photo. I would love to wander around there...though the vines would make it difficult.

Glad you posted it. And I agree, I think many on this site have a common love of all things old and preserving them (and photos are a way of preserving them).

wd9garymn

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I feel the same way. When I see an old huge barn, I can just imagine the many men and their great craftsmanship that it took to build such a building a hundred years ago. Thanks for the picture Larry.

Ivan in Mich
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like old building in pictures like that> Just think if that building could talk the stories it could tell

BrianRBM
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree whole heartedly Larry..........keep the photos coming

Brian

Its been raining,sleeting,snow pellets, cloudy, windy day (near southeast Michigan)

sotxbill
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Larrystinescorner wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:11:30 03/18/13) I have driven past this little building along rt 78 west,just past Bethlehem PA ,Probably thousands of times. I Pulled off the highway to take a picture of it,It is all that remains of what used to be a homestead,probably was bought out when the highway went through the farm, As I drove off the other day,I was wondering ,,should I post it on tractor talk? Then I realised why we all like this tractor site,Sure it is an old tractor site,but it is more than that ,Most of the people on this site have something in common. They realise that time does not stand still,but they try the best they can to hang on to some history,and use old stuff if it is still good,I guess thats why I took the picture and posted it,It may be just a little old shed that used to sit next to a farmhouse,but somebody worked hard to build it,so I Think it is worthy of a picture and a posting on T Talk,,,,, I hope some of you do too

Just wish the building could talk.. You gotta wonder about who, what, when and where,,,,,, when you see an old site like that. Boy, the stories it could tell..

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice picture Larry.
Looks like that little shed has a chimney. Smokehouse maybe?
Sometimes the stories and the history are the best part and they
help make the old things worth hanging on to.

Kornfused
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

agree with ya Larry and thanks for posting! ALWAYS enjoy your pics!

TomH in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Larry -

I did you one better - this picture is not only an old farm building, I took it with a camera that"s at least 70 years old. I kind of like the slightly blurry image the old lens makes, black and white film seemed appropriate. Old stuff indeed!

OH - 961
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can't tell from the photo, but wonder if it could be a maple syrup shack?

Myron

rustyj14
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ohh, yes, keep posting those pics! they remind me of my Grand-daddy"s farming days, way back in the 1930"s. Yeah, i am that old! (B. 1924.)
All or most all of the farm buildings looked like that shed, maybe not the big barns, but the smaller buildings. good to see at least one surviving now!

37chief
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like others have said: If that building could talk. What are the vines? Is that normal? Looks like they could eat up the entire place in a few years. Stan

jose bagge
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lived in emmaus, went to school in Center Valley. Probably saw this place at one time or another. Loved it out there, could nt find work though (early 80s)

larrystinescorner
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

where do you live now?

Dennis K (WA)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Along the highway Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keep up the pics Larry, we all like them. Others do the same also.
Dennis

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.