Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT Old cars, photos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heyseed
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Trying to ID these two cars. The one looks like a Ford to me but not sure the model

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I don't see but one, but the problem was, back then so many vehicles looked alike. I agree, it LOOKS like a Ford, but I don't think it is. because to me, the wheels don't look like Ford wheels. And the front fenders on most Fords of that era were a little more "swept back". If I'm wrong, I will gladly admit it!

JerryS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My guess is Dodge, about a 1925 or 1926 touring car. Have no clue what no. 2 might be???

dr sportster
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does not look like a Ford or a Chevy. Wheels are not Pontiac /Oakland but a little close . Fender does come down sharply. Not too much to go on and there were so many brands back then.Hood slants down a bit. Hard to tell from this pic.

dr sportster
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only thing to really go on is the sharp downward way the fender sweeps . I google imaged Chrysler & Dodge and they both sweep back more. It did look slightly like a 26 Lincoln but I still think your pictures fender does not match but just is close.Can even see door hanbdles or too many clues.

dino in iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Essex

Heyseed
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks all, only one photo loaded (probably operator error)

Heyseed
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Dino is rtight, it looks like a 1920 Essex.

AJ-in-BC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Definitely not a Ford, as it has longitudinal semi-elliptic springs front and rear.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Dino has it correct.

1920 Essex Touring Model A

Here is a picture.

Bodyman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am nearly 100% certain the car is a MAXWELL of a 1918 era model. I enhanced the pic and am satisfied with the identification.

Bodyman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My previous reply should have included, I was referring to the first car pictured. sorry for the double post.

DENNIS MIN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pan?

D.

DENNIS MIN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Old cars, photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perhaps a Pan Car made in minnesota?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.