Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bumper hitch camera

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harvey 2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Bumper hitch camera Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Has any one bought a camera to help hooking up to
the bumper hitch trailer?
If so, what is the best one to buy?
What price range should I consider?

Puddles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bumper hitch camera Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought one years ago from Wal-Mart. Paid $89.00 for it. It works great, but one thing I noticed. I had to leave my dump trailer at my rental in town, when I went to hook up to the trailer to go to the dump the camera didn't want to work. Someone told me it is all the cell phone waves in the air. Around here 7 or 8 miles from town it works perfect!
You can see the wireless camera just above the Shield Arc decal.

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bumper hitch camera Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Harbo Freight makes a 2-piece terlescoping device to help line up to the hitch. They have a magnetic base; work real good for just a few bucks when they are on sale.

Butch(OH)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bumper hitch camera Reply to specific post Reply with quote

While it wont do a thing for most situations I nailed together a couple short 2x4s at a 90 degree angle for lining up my landscape trailer that hauls mowers twice a week. I place it behind the LR tire and about an inch away from the sidewall before I unhook the trailer and if the dern dog don't mess with it the trailer is lined up first time. Sure saved me a bunch of trips over the years.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Bumper hitch camera Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Harvey,
I purchased a $5 round mirror at a flea market. I remove the crank on my jack. Slip a mirror holder over the post and see what I'm doing when I back up. Put the crank back on jack to lower trailer and it works great for me.

My concern with a back up camera, besides breaking it, is low light. I need to add light when it's dark to see my ball.

If you like, I'll post a pic.
George

Harvey 2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bumper hitch camera Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for their replys

sflem849
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Bumper hitch camera Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We got my grandpa one from Menards for Christmas. It was really cheap and works just fine. Wireless so you don't even need to run wires.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Bumper hitch camera Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Harvey 2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:55:49 03/19/13) Has any one bought a camera to help hooking up to
the bumper hitch trailer?
If so, what is the best one to buy?
What price range should I consider?

I installed a 2 camera CabCam system in my truck. One camera is mounted on top of the cross bed tool box for viewing the gooseneck hitch, and the second camera is mounted on the rear bumper for viewing the reciever hitch, and also to serve as a general rear-view camera. The CabCam systems are not particularly inexpensive, but are probably the best you can get. It is enginerred and designed to stand up to rough use and dirty, dusty environments.

Gchase24
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bumper hitch camera Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a Swift Hitch for my gooseneck. Camera has a magnectic base and the monitor is hand held.It has night vision witch works well. i usually put it on my trailer looking ito my truck bed.You can get one for the $200 range.

IrvIA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bumper hitch camera Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a pair of those...they have two yellow balls on them and work great. I picked mine up on a yard sale for 2 bucks...about the best 2 bucks I ever spent. Keeps the license plate lookin better too. Smile
Irv

Mashbox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Bumper hitch camera Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an iBall brand wireless camera for hooking up a trailer. Magnetic mount camera attaches to the receiver and the monitor plugs into the 12 volt accessory port (cigarette lighter). If you have bluetooth on the vehicle it tends to make for a fuzzy picture, but it's much better than in and out of the vehicle numerous times. Less than $150 on Amazon.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.