Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miller Digital Elite Auto-Darkening Welding Helmets?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.D.L.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Miller Digital Elite Auto-Darkening Welding Helmets? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anybody have one or two and what are your opinions on them? Thanks!

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Miller Digital Elite Auto-Darkening Welding Helmets? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good helmets but Expensive! You can get a non digital Lincoln 3350 with similar features for $100 or more less. Maybe even look at the HTP Lanse reviewed. Using standard cover plates would save a bunch of money in the long run.

KYGarrett
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Miller Digital Elite Auto-Darkening Welding Helmets? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have two of them, one in the service truck, and one in the shop. They are expensive, but in my opinion worth every penny. If you weld outside, the X-mode feature is invaluable(when in X-mode catching the sun doesn't trip the helmet), and having a separate grinding, and cutting mode means two less bulky items to fit in a always cramped truck. If your just intercoursing around in a shop, no go get a $100 name brand auto darkner, but if welding is part of your paycheck you will be happy you spent the extra money.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Miller Digital Elite Auto-Darkening Welding Helmets? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have this one...

http://sto00.mailcar.net/catalog/index.php?seller=industrialscientific&main_page=product_info&mode=s&schm=1&cLink=c&products_id=663081046543&psemtrk=adwords&utm_campaign=EcommerceStoreMarketing&utm_source=ProductAds&utm_medium=ProductAds&utm_term=GoogleBase

I also have a $400 Jackson helmet that does not get used anymore,,, the only thing I like about the Jackson over the Nesco is it fits better. A bud of mine was using the Nesco and I tried it I could not believe the difference I brought one the next day... To give the Jackson credit I do believe something is wrong with the auto dark function its always to dark no matter what setting...

farmer boy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Miller Digital Elite Auto-Darkening Welding Helmets? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A former co-worker owns one and loved it. Best helmet ever made according to him. He has a slight 1-upper attitude, so who knows, but it did seem like a very nice helmet to me.

Puddles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Miller Digital Elite Auto-Darkening Welding Helmets? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm teaching a guy how to weld, when his work schedule permits. He bought a Longevity Stickweld-250, and one of Longevity's auto hoods. He looked high and low for replacement clear lenses for it, no luck. Called Longevity to buy some, they quoted him $20.00 a piece! That's right twenty dollars a piece!!!!!!!! Shocked

Pitalplace
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Miller Digital Elite Auto-Darkening Welding Helmets? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I love mine. nuf said

Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Miller Digital Elite Auto-Darkening Welding Helmets? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have sold three to the same guy, he has one at home, one at the shop, and one in the truck. You could say he likes them.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.