Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting another case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt L
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Getting another case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stepping up a tractor size again.... Or 2 to be exact. Going from a 430 to a 630 diesel this time.

Its a 1963 that looks like its spent alot of time indoors. Hour meter reads 4000 or so. Overall its a pretty nice tractor expect it gets water in the oil. How often do these blow the head gasket or the o rings for the sleeves leak? Did the earlier 188d's crack the blocks too?
How hard would it be to find a block as a replacement?

McKerrow630
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Getting another case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well Matt, I like mine it dosen't really work all that hard. In fact right know it ain't work'en at all. Waiting for the weather to warmup so I can troubleshoot a water problem( pushing water out the raditor). But with the help on this forum hope to get her feeling better within the next month. As for a replacement block I'am sure there's afew out there ( forum guys will help). Good little tractor....60' roto-tiller,hay baler,haybine and 3-bottom plow (thank-you Ron) she handles these things with ease the triple-range makes it that way. Only negtive is the mounted front-end loader on it dosen't seem to have the power that thee old 530 back in the day ha. hope this helps some. Case triple-range was great idea so you can use SM./ HP. for bigger jobs. Just my 11 cents worth.

JGarner
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Getting another case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Matt a block for your 188 diesel 630 should be fairly easy to find. This engine was used in the 430, 530, 630, 310 dozer, combines and some skid steers; that I know of there were probably other applications as well.

A 188 gas engine block, now that is a different story. (I have a 188g 630).

Jim

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.