Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3020 power steering issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
antique_jdfan
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: 3020 power steering issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a John Deere 3020 that has some steering problems. When operating the steering wheel right, it will "lock" while turning, then if you hold a little pressure to the right the wheels will slowly creep all the way to that direction. After they turn all the way to the right it will operate properly for a few minutes and then it will do the same thing. Sorry for the rambling but I hope this illustrates the problem I am having. I have been told it is likely a steering valve problem. Any feedback would be appreciated, also I understand that Tim S rebuilds these and I would like to contact him.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: 3020 power steering issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a strong chance that it is the steering "Motor" down front, the o-rings are worn and most likely the original ones. They will leak to the other side of the piston, the the valve will dead head against it for a bit till the piston re-fills,,then it will all happen again. Yes I do rebuild these steer valves and bench test them to prove they are set correctly,,the tough thing is they are not handy to ship...

antique_jdfan
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: 3020 power steering issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would you mind if I called you and discussed this in more detail?

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: 3020 power steering issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure give me a call 740-743-1085

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: 3020 power steering issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a parts schematic & parts list of the steering motor.
2-B3685R PACKING,O RING View/Update 3.46 USD 6.92 USD
1-R26282 PACKING O RING View/Update 2.63 USD
1-R26290 RING,BACK-UP View/Update 5.04 USD
2-R47083 RING,BACK-UP View/Update 3.79 USD 7.58 USD
1-R34748 SEAL,OIL ADD 30.28 USD 30.28 USD
Parts that have an issue will display a flag. *Subtotal 52.45 USD

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.