Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White 2-105 5.8 /354

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grace123jd
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: White 2-105 5.8 /354 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was wondering if anyone has Valve lash for intake and exhaust and Timing Marks to set timing on Cam,Crank and Pump Gears. This is a White 2-105 5.8 354 engine. Thank you

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: White 2-105 5.8 /354 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would need to look it up. I am used to the 354 in the 1850 tractors. But once if you set the timing on the gears don't turn the engine over as those timing marks do not turn the engine over as the timing marks do not line up every 2 turns like in most engines. The pump drive is timed by removing the injection pump and timing the drive not the drive gear. Also remember that all 2-105 tractors use a 354 Perkins, but some tractors use a dot one engine,later ones use a Dot 4 engine and specifications are not the same for the 2 different engines. You better look at your engine number and tractor serial number and post them.

Grace123jd
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: White 2-105 5.8 /354 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My dad says it is a Dot 1 the numbers are MMC228835 and below that the number is 37115000-1

Grace123jd
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: White 2-105 5.8 /354 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My dad said it's a Dot 1.. and I listed the engine numbers above..Thank you..

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: White 2-105 5.8 /354 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The engine number is stamped by the base of the injection pump. On later tractors it was also on the serial number tag. You have a casting number not an engine number

Grace123jd
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: White 2-105 5.8 /354 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Okay..how about..554u350531tl

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: White 2-105 5.8 /354 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is more like it only it is 354 not 554.

Grace123jd
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: White 2-105 5.8 /354 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a 354...can you help with Valve lash, exhaust and intake..and my question about timing?

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: White 2-105 5.8 /354 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

don't trust the pump timing marks on a Perkins, I learned the hard way as have a few others. Pump goes on the quill shaft in only one spot, if it ran good before but the "F" mark doesn't line up properly ignore it and line up the scribe marks

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: White 2-105 5.8 /354 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes but it may be tomorrow. The 2-85 and the 2-105 are in the same shop manual and it is at work because we are working on a 2-85. How can I contact you?

Grace123jd
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: White 2-105 5.8 /354 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mattzachjd@yahoo.com is my email if you email me I can send you my dads number through that...Don't want to post it..

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.