Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MF 135 price?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pullinforfun
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: MF 135 price? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HI i have a neibor who quit farming about 5 years ago and they have a massey 135 diesel and i was wondering whats it worth, tires on back are not bad but deffinatly not new, what should i offer them? thanks

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 135 price? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what year model, how many hours on the tractor?

will it start and run good in cold weather.

does it have power steering, multi-power trans

pullinforfun
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 135 price? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not sure on hours, it should run.. not sure bout power steering or multi power, will check when i get over there, thanks

mike paulson
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: MF 135 price? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

without seeing it theres now way to tell, paint, sheetmetal is usually the deciding factor when it comes to price, i"ll give you a pointer, people love clean an shiny.

VTParts Vermontventures

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: MF 135 price? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As other have mentioned the condition of the tractor plays into price a lot. If the tractor is in running condition that would drive the price up. I have bought non running tractors in the past that were running when parked. Sometimes this is true, however not always.
In my opinion a non running MF135 tractor that is in nice cosmetic condition is worth between 1500 - 2000. If the tractor was in running condition the price should be 3500 - 5000. The 3 cylinder perkins is a very good engine. If this engine needs a rebuild including new sleeves, the sleeves will need to be installed by a machine shop. It doesn't take long to spend 1500 in materials and sourced out labor on a major engine rebuild. Good luck, an equal new tractor would cost over 35000.

Christos
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: MF 135 price? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Without knowing more details. I"ll offer a rough speculation:

Since its a diesel, it means its a Deluxe.

Power Steering, Multi-Power, Pressure Control, Flat Top Fenders and the cushioned seat (float-ride?) would all be options.

Live PTO would be standard. Independent PTO would mean it has multi-power.

If it"s above SN 9A-38XXX it will have an alternator (roughly 1968/69)

Speaking from experience and depending on how well its been maintained, I would check to make sure the rear wiring harness or at least the rear work light assembly is still there. The harness and work lights are no longer available from Massey. I would personally be willing to pay a little bit more for this.

Assuming it was all there and in decent shape, I"d pay 3-4. I have the Continental Gas Z145. They"re really good tractors.

Christos
Untitled URL Link

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 135 price? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

People also think clean and shiny is a way to cover up a problem. Sheet metal is minor as long as it's straight and all there. A good 135 diesel could be anywhere from $3500 to $6000+ depending. Need to know as much info as possible and also some pictures to better give a value.

Robert Major
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 135 price? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi it also depends if it's an English or an American model and what country you are in. If it's English and in England. It's worth quite a few more $ than it is in the U.S.A.
Regards Robert

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.