Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YT Email Out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: YT Email Out Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you've tried to contact Kim or I today, our email server died last night. I'm building a new one now but it may not be in business until morning. That means password requests and other issues are just sitting on a queue and we aren't able to get to them right now.

More later.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Email Out Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I should have mentioned that I'm specifically referring to the mail to admin at yesterdaystractors.com (Kim) and myself, support at ytmag.com.

For customers of the parts store, this will also be true of all the guys at the warehouse, but they don't work Saturday and Sunday and I expect to have the mail server back up by mid-day tomorrow.

For username password requests, I can't get mail from you or back to you at the moment. I would suggest going into Modern View and having it automatically do the password reset for you. This will ONLY work if you have kept your email address current in your user profile.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Email Out Reply to specific post Reply with quote

E-Mail notifications do not seem to be working either. have been answered 3 plus time now but did not get a notification of it

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Email Out Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nope, they ran through the mail server. We have a new one up and it's serving some things but not all. I'm still not able to get my mail and it appears that the notification and ad emails are still failing as of a few minutes ago.

I can't give an exact time but it may be as long as morning before all facets are working correctly. It was a complete crash and though the data was backed up, the configuration wasn't, so we have had to rebuild from scratch.

The hard drive self destructed.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Email Out Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep I did not get a notification of this answer to my post. Guess your going to be spending time playing with the computer system sure glad it is you not me I give up doing computer stuff many many years ago

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Email Out Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, just finished (we'll see if it's actually finished) after we've been at it for a couple of days.

As near as I can tell, the mail is working again. I put in a fake ad and responded to it and it came through. Also had a password request come in this evening and it worked. I think the original messages on the queue may have been lost though, fact is they may just come through in a bit. We'll see.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Email Out Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well Chris things are looking better just hope they stay that way for your peace of mind. Yep many years ago I wrote programs and fixed computers and believe me I learned to run away from that job

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.