Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BO Lindeman Do you have one ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Husker44A
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: BO Lindeman Do you have one ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been reading and researching these cool tractors. Just like them I guess. I know thy can get pricey if one finds one for sale. Any of you guys have the BO or have run one of these machines ? I'd like to hear your stories. Thanks.

JohnDeereJimOhio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: BO Lindeman Do you have one ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would love to have a BO however havent found one in my price range. My grandfather always wanted a dozer and never got around to it.. I found a good deal on a 420c last fall and bought it. We have used it to clear brush off of a few acres and its awesome to use....

pcsaw
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BO Lindeman Do you have one ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought one just because it had the tool bar. I have a couble of mc's with tool bars and just think they are really neat. I'm surprised at how many people that have the tool bars don't realize they can be put on the back and put implements on them. Send me your email address and I will send you a picture

Husker44A
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: BO Lindeman Do you have one ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Upload a photo here so we ALL can see it!!! Simple to do. Research uploading photos.

MSD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: BO Lindeman Do you have one ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I currently have 2 of them. The one with the dozer I picked up in British Columbia, Canada. The other I bought from a guy in the San Francisco area. I have bought and sold 3 others over the years. One to a guy in NE and the other 2 to a guy from IL. Ted Adams has a web site to register your Lindeman. You give him your serial number and he sends you a nice certificate naming you as the owner and also has the list of previous owners listed if they are known. Last one I registered he sent me a DVD with the Lindeman story on it. Lot's of great footage from the Lindeman factory and from different owners. Not sure if he sells them to others than owners. Link is to Ted Adams is below.

Lindeman archives

Jack B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: BO Lindeman Do you have one ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1946 Lindeman BO Crawler & Blade I bought in 2005. It had not run for 30 Years when I purchased it. Got it running in a couple of days. I have used it to push dirt & snow. I use it to disc & harrow the garden as it packs the soil less than a Tractor. After I prepare the Garden it goes into the shop for restoration. Using it with the blade keeps you busier than a one arm paper hanger.

Papa Fox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: BO Lindeman Do you have one ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have 3 of them now. All came from the Bob Smythe collection in Portland Oregon, via Polks'. Had another from a different source, but sold it. One is an electric start, that is restored, and a shed "Queen". Another that I have, has a picture of Jesse Lindeman driving. (courtesy of Ted Adams and his Lindeman archives). The third is awaiting restoration and has a tool bar. They are a fun machine, and their history as a John Deere/ Jesse lindeman joint venture is amazing. As previously noted, go to lindeman archives for the whole story.

Husker44A
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: BO Lindeman Do you have one ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pictures MSD . Thanks for sharing ... Makes me want one even more!!!!

pcsaw
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: BO Lindeman Do you have one ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

with a ditcher

Papa Fox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: BO Lindeman Do you have one ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very Nice !!!!!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.