Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPARK PLUG WIRES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEO/2/8NS/now 3
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: SPARK PLUG WIRES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Recevied new plug wires that are the oem type for my
frt dist 8N,the question I have.they are color code
#1 and #4 are obvious but 2&3 are the same lth.
Does any one have the correct color code for the
spark plug wires.Ive been looking but could not find
it. Thanks George

Dell (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: SPARK PLUG WIRES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

George........never heard of color coded sparkie wires. I have seen tinted clear insulation on display hot-rods. They ain't worth 'chit!!! The sparkies jump right thru the insulation and dance the nite away.

The original 9N sparkie wires were covered with a "braid" that could have been color coded as the rubber insulation for sparkie wires was NOT very good. Unless yer a sphincterly challenged originality inspector, I would NOT waste my $$$ on color coded wire.

The important thing, whether color coded ...or... black or yellow, is the center conductor is stranded copper wire and NOT modern resistive string. .......Dell, yer self-appointed sparkie-meister

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: SPARK PLUG WIRES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get some colored vinyl tape and code your wires.Early braided wires for Ford V8s had a colored thread to id them after they were pulled into the conduits.

GEO/2/8NS/now 3
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: SPARK PLUG WIRES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The wires I have are the OEM type that are color coded,these are the correct type that came with the tractor back in the day,they have the colored thread through them,each wire has A diff color.I"am making the tractor as correct as possible,the same as when my father bought it in 1949,my 2 other 88N will be work tractors this one will be my trailer queen.the other 2 have std type stuff on them and run fine, Thanks for the response George

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: SPARK PLUG WIRES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dell, Here are some color coded sparkie wires. Dennis Carpenter sells them. Supposed to be like original.

Old weldor

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: SPARK PLUG WIRES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ford cars before 1949 that had a front distributor on the v8 engines also had color coded plug wires.

GEO/2/8NS/now 3
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: SPARK PLUG WIRES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the input and H Cooke for the picture those are the ones that I have from Brilliam,I will use that photo to put my wires on.When I get the red and wheels on I will try to post A picture Fellow Ner George

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.