Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help ID Carb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Help ID Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would like to know what carb this is. Definitely not a MS and I don't think its a Zenith.

No markings whats-so-ever. It came on a parts tractor I just bought for a motor swap. The thing looks brand new, with a new aftermarket manifold.

Only thing wrong was I stripped the flanged, studs will fix that issue.

Don't tell my wife, but the "parts tractor" just may become the "project tractor" Laughing Don't tell her about that dish rag either.

And I believe that is the original ford VREG beside it.

Last edited by JCinKY on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Help ID Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks like one of the 2 most common ms repops.

some are CI some are a alloy metal with bright coating... I prefer those LESS as they flake and get powdery corrosion on them.,.

most of the repops i see rebuild with MS kits..

JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Help ID Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

soundguy wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:49:43 04/09/13) looks like one of the 2 most common ms repops.

some are CI some are a alloy metal with bright coating... I prefer those LESS as they flake and get powdery corrosion on them.,.

most of the repops i see rebuild with MS kits..

It did have some original MS parts inside; float, throttle plate, choke plate assembly. Everything else was aftermarket.

I just about have the front mount/side mount engine swap done. I will give her a good cleaning, throw it on the "parts" tractor and see what she'll do.

Not planning on buying a kit just yet, just needed some direction in case I do.

Thanks

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Help ID Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You already have answer on the carb, so assuming we are talking an 8N tractor, then that os not an original VR (all 3 terminals on same side). Original have 2 on one side and one on another side.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Help ID Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

unless they have changed them recently inthe last couple years.. last one I rebuilt used the generic ms rebuild kit from tsc and worked fine.

who knows what they come with now.. Smile

JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Help ID Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

soundguy wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:44:31 04/09/13) unless they have changed them recently inthe last couple years.. last one I rebuilt used the generic ms rebuild kit from tsc and worked fine.

who knows what they come with now.. Smile

Sounds good. It had the weird wire clip (???) on the float needle and float, but was basically spotless on the inside. The last complete kit I got at TSC was actually pretty good.

Yes, it was on a 52 8n. Thanks for the help on the VREG too.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Help ID Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

for the most part.. them repop carbs work just the same.

I've used a couple on some stuff at work. I kludged one up to an old cintinental / red seal power unit at work with a lil dremel work onthe manifold ears.

works just fine.. Smile

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ID Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That wire clip as you call it is so the float needle cannot stick closed in theory so if the float falls it in turn pulls the needle down and makes sure it opens so gas can flow in

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.