Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ferguson tractor pins man saved by daughters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john[mo]
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: ferguson tractor pins man saved by daughters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://www.wbtv.com/category/240205/video-landing-page?clipId=8760369&autostart=true

http://news.msn.com/us/video?videoid=6b8cfb53-a65d-6275-b226-c4d00495afaf&ap=true

he was trying to pull a stump and his foot slipped off the clutch and it flipped over backwards.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=9060326

Last edited by john[mo] on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:36 am; edited 4 times in total
Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: ferguson tractor pins man saved by daughters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We were just talking about this accident at work. I haven't seen the news yet. It could have been a lot worse.

john[mo]
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: ferguson tractor pins man saved by daughters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if you do not have the drawbar to pull from or even if you do the best way to pull straight line is from the front of the tractor. run a tow strap from front bumper underneath the tractor back to whatever you are trying to pull. it is impossible for the tractor front end to raise using this method.unless your strap breaks and the sudden release causes the tractor to wheelie. plus it loads the tractor for maximum traction.

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: ferguson tractor pins man saved by daughters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I captured this shot from the video. I wonder if he was trying to pull using that hook up at the top link connection. If so, its no wonder he flipped it.

Dan

Bill Rowles
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: ferguson tractor pins man saved by daughters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, the hook attached to the "third link" attachment must be removed from that tractor and the man must be educated in basic tractor safety, and made to realize the total cause and contributing factors to this accident. NEVER hook to the rear of a tractor anyplace but the draw bar which is located lower than the centerline of the rear axle by design.

vtparts

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: ferguson tractor pins man saved by daughters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone noticed how muddy the ground was where he was working. The old style clutch pedal on the older ferguson tractors was not designed for good grip on a muddy shoe. I too have had my foot slip off the clutch under similar conditions when working in the woods with my Ferguson 35 and Massey 150. This winter my foot slipped from the 150 while snow blowing and the clutch pedal broke.
Without tractor chains there is not way he could have pulled over unless he were hooked up to high. He is fortunate that his girls were trained to operate the loader tractor and level headed enough to be able to help him under such adverse conditions. I hope he heals up and will be ok.

mooseracing
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: ferguson tractor pins man saved by daughters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bill Rowles wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:05:22 04/11/13) NEVER hook to the rear of a tractor anyplace but the draw bar which is located lower than the centerline of the rear axle by design.

I find it works pretty good hook to the top of my forks Laughing You just have to understand what you are doing and use common sense, which is lacking any more do to safety police and lawsuits.

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: ferguson tractor pins man saved by daughters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pulling stumps..........that's what backhoes and stump grinders are for!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.