Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

theft

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lemroy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A thief climbed over my gate and drained diesel out of two tractors. He tried to get into my fuel tank but couldn"t,however he tore up the hasp but didn"t turn on the valve. I got a pic of him on my trail cam. The local sheriff recognized him and said he was a druggie. He wasn"t arrested and a week later he came in and got some more diesel and broke into my barn and got a rifle and some other tools.Deputy came out and took pics of footprints. He said he recognized the guy from the pic and made an arrest. I got my rifle back but no other items. My trail cam was stolen but the guy said he didn"t have it. I bought another cam and put it up in a tree. I hope this works. Roy

Ken Macfarlane
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a decoy 5 gallon tank of the bottom sludge diesel and water I leave in front of my tank. I hope thieves are lazy!

jc okla

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

arn't we to feel sorry for the poor guy. he is up late every night just stealing a litle desel.The way I hear the do gooders says it out falt. WHEN ARE THEY GONING TO LOCK THEM UP.I hate people that steals. I've worked for what i have' Thanks I feel beter..

Don-Wi
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have the DOT dip his tank & check for dye!

Would probably be in more trouble than he is for theft. You can stral from each other, but don't you dare steal taxes from uncle sam...

Donovan from Wisconsin

Last edited by Don-Wi on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
DiyDave
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take some old diesel, and nasty gas, paint thinner, etc, and see how much styrofoam you can dissolve into it. Then put it out near the diesel tank, as bait! At least, black smoke from the thief's equipment, possibly a locked up injector pump, if it's not diluted.

Billy Shafer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Worked for my father one time. Let it be known in town. That we had just had the overhead farm tanks filled.They were filled but with water sludge old diesel and a little sand. Found several cars and trucks around town that wouldn't start. The next morning.Wonder why.

NCWayne
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in the early 70's when the gas chrisis was going on an Uncle of mine had someone stealing hs gas. He filled the tank partly full of diesel. Next morning the neighbors car wouldn't start for him to go to work.....no more reason to wonder where the fuel went....LOL

onefarmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Someone on these forums had a gas thief(5Gal cans), so he put 4gal of water in his can and added one gal of fuel for the smell. There was a car on the side of the road the next day.

Ivan in Mich
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of my neighbors was losing gas in cans and it seemed it would happen Wed or Thur. He set 2 full cans out on a Tues and mixed valve gringing compound in the gas. The cans were gone in the morning and Sat morning there were 2 dune buggies sitting a mile away. He later found out the engines got ground up with as they said sand.

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How can they steal a trail cam in the dark, I would think they would use an infrared flash. How did they know where you had it. I have never seen one but I would think it would be pretty small.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"My trail cam was stolen but the guy said he didn"t have it."
Well of course he doesn't. Fine upstanding citizen like that, why would you
even ask, let alone not take his word when he says he doesn't have it? Rolling Eyes
At least he got caught for something.

tg in VA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too bad trap guns are illegal.

scott mcintosh
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Years ago I rented a farm some miles from home that I kept a overhead gas barrel and one tractor at that place.Well one day I went there to cultivate corn and found shed had been broken into and gas tank on tractor was empty.Went to fill gas can and gas barrel lock was cut and it was dry also.Well I will fix this called fuel man had him put some diesel fuel in gas barrel and new pad lock.Well few days later tractor empty and so was gas barrel.Well a few miles down the road was new corvett that belonged to the local banker that his teenage son had been tearing up the streets with.That's life in the fast lane

504-1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would call the Prosecuting Attorney for the county, and ask why the guy is not in jail.(He or She is elected)

Texasmark1
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: theft Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now THAT is funny. Good for you. A writeup in the local paper would be a nice epitaph to that. Grin

Mark

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.