Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

what is it

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jllw
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i know it is a crank but i was told it fit a dc case im not sure and do u need it i have only 30 series cases i cant use it ???

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks like a "DC" crank to me

CaseDC3
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just picked one up 2 weeks ago.. Looks good on my restored DC, I just don't have the courage to try to hand start my tractor. I mean if you just drop it you will break a toe. Can't imagine having it kick back on my arm, leg or any other body part that gets in the way.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that is why you need to know the proper way to start any tractor with a crank, if done wrong you are so right broken bones and pain are high on the menu, I was taught at a early age how to do it and I have a "L" that will start with a couple 1/4 pulls same with my DC's but I do prefer a starter if they have one lol

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dc crank ,,sell it ,, if someone comes by and really needs it ....///,OR,,mite be your way for some more goodies ...,put it in a pile for me ,, I am short one for these cranky ol gents..

oleclint
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a SC crank, not long enuff of a "throw" for a DC???

casenut1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks more like for a VAC to me.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hmm you could be right on that I will get some measurements in the morning so he can compare

CaseDC3
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom..
That's one of the best reasons to have a retired/restored tractor. Its working days are done. If she don't start I still eat !

CaseDC3
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went out and measured my hand crank. It is 1" round stock. Best of luck to you.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats a DC one right?

CaseDC3
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As near as I can tell.. It fits into the seat holder, fits into the engine and clears the front end no problem.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will get pics/measurements of both today also, I wasnt to say my DC oes have a roller on the handel and the SC one does not but will confirm cnt

CaseDC3
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: what is it Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roller handles could be a model year thing. I have no clue. I have no idea the year of this crank but it was painted Flambeau Red sometime in its life, most likely came new painted is my guess.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters