Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update on Karcher not sucking soap.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Update on Karcher not sucking soap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Through careful scientific research I found out the problem with the Karcher washer not sucking soap solution. The problem turned out to be: ME!

I was trying to get the washer to suck up soap when I was using the high pressure nozzle. Pressure washers don't work that way; they will only suck soap when you have a low pressure nozzle or attachment on the wand. I checked that out this morning; it sucked soap right away with a low pressure nozzle - so I can keep on using my old Karcher.

When I did the research to possibly buy a new electric pressure washer, it looks like the best reviews are for the Black Max sold by Sam's Club. The Simpson sold by Costco had a lot of reviews about problems with the washer. The Clean Force (sold by Home Depot)seems to be a real loser. The Green machine sold by Lowes had worse reviews than the Simpson, which I thought were not good.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Update on Karcher not sucking soap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That actually crossed my mind, but you know what you are doing and that was too obvious. Wink glad you got it figured out.

Mine would not pressure up, I had to take the nose off, run water, put nozzle back on, then it would work. Once. Had to remove the spray nozzle each time, and spray water to get it to power up.

Found the fix for that online, 5 minurptes job, basically the valve binds up, take it out, lube it, put back together.

Paul

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Update on Karcher not sucking soap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I was looking at new sprayers, I noticed that Karcher has bottles of lubricant to keep the valves free. Don't know you would use that; just noticed what it said on the bottles. I've never done anything to lube the valves on mine.

Tom in TN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Update on Karcher not sucking soap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dick2,

Boy am I glad you posted this information. I've had a Devilbiss sprayer for a lot of years. I had to replace the pump once, but other than that, it has always worked well.

I have, however, cursed it from the day I bought it because it wouldn't suck the soap out of the bottle. I never thought about the fact that I needed to use the low pressure setting on the nozzle to get the soap to feed.

I'll have to try that the next time I use it.

Tom in TN

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.