Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frigidaire dehumidifier

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve A W
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Frigidaire dehumidifier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a Frigidaire dehumidifier that sat unused since last summer and when I tried to start it, It gives a trouble code of "F2".
The owners manual says to take it to an authorized service center.
Does anybody out there work on these?
Or maybe Know what might be wrong?
Thanks for any help.

Steve A W

gregger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Frigidaire dehumidifier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

google same and see all the hits -- lots of um

D beatty
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Frigidaire dehumidifier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have had several dehumidifiers and if they needed work on usually a refrigeration man can fix them.

tech4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Frigidaire dehumidifier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don"t know which model you have but I bought a Frigidaire dehumidifier 4 years ago to replace my old 20 + years Sears dehumidifier. I usually do not buy extra warranty but I did in this case. Good thing! I have had to replace it 4 times. I have the same problem over and over of the unit freezing up. I think it leaks Freon over the winter. It usually works for a year and when I turn it on in the spring is when this happens. These units are made in China and very cheap.

Billy C.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Frigidaire dehumidifier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had one that the sealed unit leaked all the oil out in about two years. It was one that had a five year warranty on sealed system. Frigidare said they don't service them and insisted that it wasn't the problem. They said I had a bad circuit breaker. After two phone calls and threatening to report them to consumer protection division of attorney general's office they did give me 80% of the cost of a new one. Also had Frigidaire refegerator that I bought about the same time that leaked all the Freon out. It only had 1year warranty. I'll NEVER buy another Fridgidaie product. I've had nothing but problems with them.

pete black
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Frigidaire dehumidifier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i second that as well.

WGM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Frigidaire dehumidifier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All residential type humidifiers are junk. If you want to spend some serious money you can get industrial grade humidifiers which will last forever.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.