Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Case 4100 Disk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJB-830
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Case 4100 Disk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A frind of mine recently bought a Case 4100 disk at an auction and I am helping with a few repairs. Anyone familiar with this disk? Also is there any place that reprints operators and/or parts manuals for this disk? Did find out the disks blades are the same as Shoup 22" #968. Also does the adjustable spring on the hitch look correct. Thanks for any information. Al

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 4100 Disk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am not having any luck from Case in my available manual book with that number or my G159 disc that looks to be the same as to the hitch spring not sure what you are asking but it looks the same as mine as far a mount/build

AJB-830
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 4100 Disk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom, Thanks for the reply. It does look like the hitch spring is correct as it is the same as yours. It seems like there is a lot of movement inside the spring but maybe that is how it works. Is "4100" the correct model number for this disk? Couldn't find any reference to that number on the internet. Thanks. Al

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 4100 Disk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Al,

Are the Case decals on backwards? If so, I used that disk last fall on corn stalks. It is an AMCO built unit with Case paint, similar to my G-144 but with 2 wheels instead of 4 and a few other small differences. Don

AJB-830
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 4100 Disk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don, That could be the disk. He bought it at the Denmark Lions auction about 2 weeks ago. It was last used for corn stuble. It has single tires which we had to replace as one blew on the way home. We spent about 4 hours trying to get the nut off the rear gang and we ended up burning it off. Someone had put one new disk on a front gang but a middle rear disk is cracked. Quite a concidence if this was the same disk you used last year. Will try to get a better picture tomorrow and take a picture of the decals. I will send you an email once I find out more. Would like to find out the story on how it got to the auction. Thanks. Al

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 4100 Disk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I typed the wrong model number on mine but here is the spec seet listing the models, and yes the hitch spring has some movement in it and that is normal, on axle nuts I found that using a larger cresent wrench on it and letting the end of the wrench hit against the frame of the disc when rolling the gange with the wrench it will tighten or loosen them with ease, just make sure you have your hands and fingers out of the way cnt

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 4100 Disk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure looks like a Case disk. But that "4100" decal sure looks like a Krause decal???????????

AJB-830
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Case 4100 Disk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CNT, Thank's for the information. After closer inspection of the metal tag on the disk, it is stamped "G109". Apparently those decals someone put on are from a Krause disk. At least now we know what we have.

We did try your trick to losen the nut. We even had 4 ft pipes on the wrench. We would heat the nut red and it would move only 1/4 turn each time and then get tight again. So we finally had to burn it off. Al

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.