Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Since none of us can plant corn yet...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
770guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I spent some time today looking over our IH 800 planter in the shed to see what it may need to get ready for the field. It got me thinking, what do you Case guys who row crop farm run for a planter? Just curious since other than a few Case planters still running, there's not necessarily a lot of brand loyalty in planters for a Case guy. I guess I'm also curious because with the weather this cold and wet I've got nothing better to do. We've always had an IH planter here. Mostly because of the fact that they are simple and we've just stuck with what we know. So what do you guys like?

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Deere 7200 12 row. Started out with a IH 58 plate type 6 RN. Must have used that IH 20 years. Then I junked the 58 and bought a used Deere 7000 6 RN. Now it's the 7200. I put a ton of acres through that old 58. Jim

Jeremy McNary
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I run an 8 row White 5100, I like it because its simple, cheap, and it plants like sewing machine, very few skips or doubles.

Don Rudolph
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We use a New Idea toolbar with Kinze units. I like the simple design and reasonable parts. Don

urbancase
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it"s about the only green i have on the farm, started out with a 494a, then 7000 plate, and the last 3 years i picked up a 6 row 7000 no till finger pickup rig. i have never ran anthing else for a corn planter but i feel they are good machines.

JW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kinze 3200 12 row finger pick up. Can pull it with anything from a 930 on up

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I plant with a 385 Deutz-Allis Quad disc. Dad has a White 5100 for a back up. For the last 30+ years we have used an air planter of some sort. I think the early AC air planters were the best for spacing and general seed control. I have a 2-3 row one of those set up on a tool bar for sweet corn, pumpkins, and any other weird stuff.

It is a sea of green and blue planters everywhere nearby.

VAC400
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our first planter was a Case 3 point that fit on the Vac eagle hitch, then a JD 4 row many years later. Then when I started to farm I bought my neighbors JD 7000 8 row, last july I bought my first Case 6 row 1220 planter . From plate to air what a change this will be. Jerry from Ohio

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

a 400 cyclo planter has been doing the job since 1987 ,, we put a tool bar and yetter no till coulters rite after the 1st season ,, works very well with offset discs ,,also have a HAYBUSTERDRILL ,works well in perfect conditions ,if someone can coach me on how to keep consistant depth in varying souil conditions ,, I am all ears .. I have doubled back with the 400 planting beansin the troublesome fields and it has done very well ...

Paul A Young
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Used Deere 7000's for years. Now we are on our second Kinze and love it!!!! 16 rn with bulk fill hoppers.

Mike Fitz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

7000 Deere for 30+ years, just traded foe CIH 1200, I like the looks of the planter the moniter is intimidating though. Mike

Mike Fitz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

7000 Deere for 30+ years, just traded foe CIH 1200, I like the looks of the planter the moniter is intimidating, I hope I can still learn something. Mike

jic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

had kinze for about 15 years. had junk deer 12 row vac planter before that and a CASEih no-till drill. traded both for 2 kinze planters, 3000 6 row splitter for beans and a 3200 end fold 12 row for corn. this year I traded both for a new kinze 3600 12 row splitter (pivot fold). dealer sells both CASEih and kinze. they sell a lot more kinze than CASEih. and around here kinze out sells the green planters too!

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have been using JD 7100 and 970 for 30 yr now. Both have been updated and do a great job yet. Wish I could say the same about myself, lol. Rod.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Since none of us can plant corn yet... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thought I was the only one using a 400 that long!! 6 row narrow with dry fert. Bought a used 8 row that had no wear a few years ago and put the like new units on mine. Put 160# fert. thru the planter and spread the rest. Hard to update to anything with dry fert. attachment nowadays.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.