Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bone

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: 1850 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

getting ready to pull my perkins 354.1 out for rebuild. can I put a turbo on this engine? if so, what internal components need to be changed? any help on this would be great. thanks..

Twalcutt

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1850 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think you will need to set it up like the 2-105 white so you are probably going to need a manifold and a turbo of course an engine oil cooler or a radiator out of a 2-105 has it built in and of course you will need to plumb in the oil to your turbo I am not sure if the oil pan between the 354 turbo engine and the non turbo engine are different or not but you should look into that as well good luck

oliver1850T
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1850 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

pressurized rods, 2-105 pistons and bearings

J. schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1850 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The oil pan on the 1850 is of a different length than the one on the 2-105. Look also how uch higher the valve cover is above the exhaust ports on the 2-105 compared to the 1850. That was one reason for all the leaking valve over gaskets on the 1850 tractors. Also the final drive on a 2-105 is quite a bit stronger than an 1850. Injectors are also different and of course the injection pump nand the drive for the pump is different as well. Me I would apply that money to a larger tractor. There were also changes in the block for better cooling as well

jordan hackman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1850 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my dad did it to his 1850 in the mid 80's and most of the parts on it are from a 105.

Cas
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: 1850 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the top ring is different in the turboed
engines
Back in the day, I knew a few farmers that put a
turbo on 1850s. No one had any problems.
If you use the 2-105 manifold and turbo set up, you have to tap a few holes in the head. 4 studs on the 2-105 manifolds.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1850 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's what my uncle did in the 80s, he made his 1850 his pulling tractor, my cousin still had it tell two years ago, I don't know where it went now, it had a lot done to it,think it denoted slightly over 160, it smoked like crazy, they used it on the farm to, never had any problems.

bone

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 1850 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks guys. I'm going to pull the engine this week and break it down to see what I'm working with.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.