Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reduce The Weight on Super 88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
black

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi guys my 1956 Suprer 88 diesel WF all stock is exactly 5000 llbs . Is there anyway to knock off 500 llbs to bring her down to 3500-4500 llbs class without too much butchering.

Thanks

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The most basic thing is to put a narrow front under it.

Brad Metcalf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

get a hold of me email is open

Jeff Oliver
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

narrow front, Aluminum wheels on front if allowed. take PTO out and Hydraulics or mechanical lift off. Pressed steel wheels. mine will go in 4500. Not sure about 3500 unless you do alot of mods.

Dblair
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

never seen one below 4000 maybe someone will tell .

uncle Si

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Naahh!

bobidan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mine weighs around 4k empty and i didnt build any of the brackets or hitch with light weight in mind it has a custom widefront with alum wheels and 16.9x38 on back no pto, belt pulley, hydraulics, and alum radiator w/ elec fan

Schim
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Aren't there a couple 880's in the 3500# that run natpa? I think in the recent issue of the hook there were a couple of them in there. Must be possible to get it down there. Just like anything else it will take some money, and aluminum.

black

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry guys I need to clarify my class. 3500 - 4500 means the weight is no less than 3500 and no more than 4500. Thanks for all your info so far.

6pack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="black"](reply to post at 17:44:32 04/25/13) [/quot

I would be right at 4495

puln70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A 66 front pedestal will save some weight.

NOS88
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Reduce The Weight on Super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can get in 4500 hanging 300 lbs, 18.4s, super frame, steel wheels with a gas motor. I have not stripped anything other than hydraulics and pto. Narrow front.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.