Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

old yazoo mower parts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Niolon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: old yazoo mower parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Guys

My reliable source for Yazoo mower parts doesn"t have what I need... Mower is a Yazoo SV-22-b 22" big wheel mower from the late 70s - early 80s. I"ve used my last spare part off my parts mower and need a "friction hub housing" to get it moving again.... does ANYONE know of a parts source on these old decks... old lawnmower shops, graveyards, parts houses that might have this discontined part ?? I hate to see this old warhorse die.. I can email pics if needed

thanks
John

charlie n
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: old yazoo mower parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try here.

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/

John Niolon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: old yazoo mower parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks Charlie.... jack's doesn't do anything this
old... lot's of dealers of parts out there but very
few carry the really old stuff..

j

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: old yazoo mower parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that housing cracked and the hole is wallowed out? It looks like it's aluminum. Take the bearings out and a good TIG welder could fix it good as new.

John Niolon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: old yazoo mower parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yep... it's aluminum... the only weak part on the whole machine. the bore isn't wallowed out or oversized. if we could clamp it back in place and get it level again... a tig repair might work... I just need to find a tig man.

repairing or building a new one is my next option... I thought about some schedule 80 piped bored or honed out to fit the friction hub o.d. and build a stand under it... my up/down measurements aren't critical as long as I keep the chain tight... it wouldn't hurt to build in a little slack for chain tightening...

these old mowers were bad to let the chain jump off when mowing on a slope.. and that's a pia.. I'm searching on the internet now for some kind of 'housing' for a bearing that might work...

riccumming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: old yazoo mower parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If thats old, what doe's that make my 50'S GRAVELY?

John Niolon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: old yazoo mower parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that makes it a dang good mower, Ric I've got a new Gravely zt54 zero turn... I love that mower

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: old yazoo mower parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Find someone that does aircraft work or works on snowmobiles and motorcycle castings. Aluminum is easy to work on when you know what you're doing. The trick is finding someone who actually knows what they're doing. Don't give it to some guy that thinks he might be able to do it or will try to fix it. I know a couple guys that could do it but I'm a long way away.

Ronnie Graves
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: old yazoo mower parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

try mississippi engine in jackson miss ,
you know where that yazoo was made ?

John Niolon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: old yazoo mower parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks Ronnie

I'll call them this a.m.

j

Martin Reece
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: old yazoo mower parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie,
Try kunkels mower service in Kutztown Pa. 1 610-683-7743 I have always had good luck with older Yazoo mower parts there.
Martin

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.