Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jubilee Hot Rod.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Jubilee Hot Rod. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found this on Craigslist and picked it up over the weekend. Its actually a Worthington G-2 that was used to pull gang mowers at a golf course. It runs really nice, no smoke. Itís a blast to drive. I havenít taken it above third gear until the front end gets some new tie rod ends to tighten it up plus some matching tires but its supposed to go 40mp in 4th gear. I want to figure out why someone raised the rear of the hood like that and put it back where it should be. Are the Jubilee hood and gas tank mounts the same as the industrial setups? I donít have another NAA to look at so if anyone has some close up pictures of how the rear of the hood and gas tank are supposed to be set up I would love to see them. Or if anyone actually has one of these I would really like to see some pictures of theirs. It looks like several things have been modified over the years on this one, but sometimes its hard to tell what Worthington did originally and what someone changed 40 years ago.

Dan

pconnie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Hot Rod. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the rear mount of hood fastenes to the dash

W_B
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Hot Rod. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't help but appreciate the pictures. Looks like fun.

Kirk-NJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Hot Rod. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The engine's a 172 with the later 60's code. G10 was the later style square nose. Might have been a tin switch. One of the guys at our club has one. I can get some photos in late may at the swap meet.
Here a shot of one with the 8n tin.

Kirk

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Hot Rod. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kirk-NJ wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:01:50 04/29/13) The engine's a 172 with the later 60's code. G10 was the later style square nose. Might have been a tin switch. One of the guys at our club has one. I can get some photos in late may at the swap meet.
Here a shot of one with the 8n tin.

Kirk

The greens superintendent at my golf club just offered me a Jacobson with the 172 engine in it. Something came through the timing cover and it's been parked in the weeds for over a year.....

TOH

Kirk-NJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Hot Rod. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TOH,
The jacobson is a great source for a 172/192 industrial engine. Pulled a few out of junk yards myself.

Kirk

Zed
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Hot Rod. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kirk, Lucky You. I look almost every day for a ford powered Worthington. Had I not been out of town I might have beat you to this one. If you lose interest or just want to let it go please let me know. Sam in Huntingtown, MD

Zed
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Hot Rod. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dan S The message below was intended for you and not Kirk. Sorry about that. Sam

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Hot Rod. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Zed wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:26:43 05/08/13) Dan S The message below was intended for you and not Kirk. Sorry about that. Sam

Sam, do you collect Worthington's? It would be interesting to see any documentation on production numbers or to find a parts book if any exist for these. I had no idea what the market was for these so when this one was for sale I went looking for price comparisons on Ebay and all areas of Craigslist and could not find many Worthington's for sale. I think some people just list them as doodle bugs if the tags are missing.

Dan

Zed
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Hot Rod. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dan,
I do not have a Worthing....yet. I saw 2 of them at a tractor show in Pennsylvania. They were both restored. One had a Boy Scout motif I believe the other one had a Military Red White & Blue motif. They were both 8N style, owned by the same artist/mechanic and were real show stoppers. I would like to do a total restoration of one to match my 8N. Yours is the first Jubilee one I have ever seen.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.