Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Pea
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Showcrop suggested that I check this forum for specs related to a Ford special tool NCA-502 used to adjust the control valve on the lift cover for a 1955 Ford 641. If someone knows the specs on the gauge I"ll make a few.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe that the specs were posted here one time in the past but do not have the information at hand.

I would be interested in one if you reproduce them.

Another tool that would be handy and, I believe, necessary for use with the NCA-502 gage is the lift arm positioning fixture (do not have the Nuday number here).

Dean

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jay Pea wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:18:19 05/01/13) Showcrop suggested that I check this forum for specs related to a Ford special tool NCA-502 used to adjust the control valve on the lift cover for a 1955 Ford 641. If someone knows the specs on the gauge I"ll make a few.
Reading of FO-20, indicates 0.395-0.397 inch for draft & 0.448-0.450 inch for Position ctrl. If I recall correctly, the exact surface measured to or reference is somewhat of a question, because of the retainer plate.

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have them all if anyone would like pictures and measurements.I think I have all the Ford tractor tools from the N's through the 10 series,including 2 clutch fixtures and the 8N govenor fixture and some SOS tools. Many I have never used.I got them all when New Holland yanked the local dealership and the owner happened to be my friend.

DollarBill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

welding man wrote:
I have them all if anyone would like pictures and measurements.

Can I be your friend Very Happy

Jay Pea
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

welding man wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:38:28 05/01/13) I have them all if anyone would like pictures and measurements.I think I have all the Ford tractor tools from the N's through the 10 series,including 2 clutch fixtures and the 8N govenor fixture and some SOS tools. Many I have never used.I got them all when New Holland yanked the local dealership and the owner happened to be my friend.

Finding someone with these tools is great as they are becoming so rare. Pictures and measurements of the NCA-502 Gauge and the NCA-503-B Lift Arm Holding Fixture would be extremely helpful. My shop manual shows both of these tools so I know what they look like. I really need the specs so I can make them.

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Finally got around to hunting the guage and making a quick sketch.I also have a SW-508-A for the later tractors.I have all the tools that Dean mentioned but do not relly know how to get any accurate measurements on them. Any questions, just ask.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The important dimension for the 503 tool will be the vertical distance from the top cover gasket surface up to the center line of the pin going thru fixture & lift arm.

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Actually there are 3 fixtures- NCA-503 -N-503 and a HG 101. Take your pick.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

welding man wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:13:35 05/03/13) Actually there are 3 fixtures- NCA-503 -N-503 and a HG 101. Take your pick.
I was speaking of dimension regarding the two 503 tools. I see that you have the HC-100 for setting the 8N control rod position as well.....a rare critter! I can't read the word after 'finished' and before 'indicates'???

Jay Pea
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

welding man wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:31:34 05/02/13) Finally got around to hunting the guage and making a quick sketch.I also have a SW-508-A for the later tractors.I have all the tools that Dean mentioned but do not relly know how to get any accurate measurements on them. Any questions, just ask.

Thanks welding man! That's exactly what I needed. The 502 tool will be very easy to reproduce. The 503 and the 503-B is a different animal. Thanks again!

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMOR, I will try to figure out some way to get you some accurate measurements tomorrow. The writing on the HG 101 says (finished edge indicates center line of ball with an arrow pointing to a hole. The very end has 2 notches, one for draft and one for position.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That HG-101 is really intriguing! As for the other two, if you can clamp the bolted part down to a real flat surface & then measure from that surface up to center line of the hole for lift arm pin, I believe that defines the dimension it was intended to set. Some real neat items to own, for sure!

The HG-101 is probably like the attached sketch (can't see the full part in your picture).

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMOR the 503 fixtures are exactly opposite of what you are thinking,if you clamp them down flat,the hole is down,not up,plus the distance from the top bolt hole to the center of the pin hole is critical, and the offset to the right is different on both.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: hydraulic lift control valve adjustment tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

welding man wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:13:11 05/04/13) JMOR the 503 fixtures are exactly opposite of what you are thinking,if you clamp them down flat,the hole is down,not up,plus the distance from the top bolt hole to the center of the pin hole is critical, and the offset to the right is different on both.
You are absolutely correct! I shouldn't post so late at night! Get my "ups" & "downs" all mixed up!
Yes, for someone wanting to make one of these tools, the dimensions you speak of are important for sure, but all I want to establish is the height of the lift arm pin hole above the top cover gasket surface (as set with this tool). I won't make a tool for that. For myself, I will just use a carpenters square and measure XXX inches up.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.