Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dc case cultivator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: dc case cultivator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was working up some corn on corn ground last night and realized I'm going to have an issue with volunteer corn. As I'm a roundup baby (I'm only 30) I've never run a cultivator before -- its something I've always wanted to try. I've got my old DC case I got in high school as a project that grandpa and I worked on (he grew up on a CC) I'd like to find a front mount cultivator for it -- I'd have to narrow it down to 30 in rows, but I think I can handle that - and maybe expand it to 6 rows if the old tractor has the horses. Am I nuts or should I just get a rear mount 6 row for another tractor. This is a 100 ac field. Just figured it'd be cool to find one and run over some acres with it. Anybody got one or have any ideas?

JimEvans
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: dc case cultivator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think you are nuts Very Happy

I doubt it is possible to get the cultivator down to 30" on a DC. I know I have one on a MT JD and can only get it down to 36"

I am a fan of cultivating. If you really want to cultivate, look for a high residue cultivator from Sukup or Hiniker. It will take a big tractor (bigger than 130 HP) to pull and lift a 6 row, but you will be able to go 6-8 mph and do an awesome job at that speed. The old cultivators would be limited to about 3 mph.

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: dc case cultivator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wouldn't put a 6 row on a DC, it'll never carry it. I'd go with a rear mounted as getting a narrow front down to 30" rows is impossible. I switched an IH C to a single front just to be able to turn on 34" rows.

Don Rudolph
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: dc case cultivator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A Dc will not handle a front mounted 6 row unit. It also will not handle a 6 row rear mounted. It will, however handle a 4 row rear mounted. I cultivated for many years with a CaseIH 183 S tine 30" rear mounted on a foot clutch DC3. I had to make special mounts for the Eagle Hitch out of 5x5 angle iron. It worked great and I love the Eagle Hitch, which eliminates side travel on sidehills. Don

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: dc case cultivator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I cultivate with a Farmall Super C with two-wheel tricycle front. A 36 in. row is about as close as I can go. Why do you need 30 in. rows? I would try it if you can live with a 36 in. row. Last year was my first year using a 2-row cultivator. I only had used a one row cultivator previously.

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: dc case cultivator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ever heard of Liberty Link Corn?

dzc3

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: dc case cultivator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Timis where are you located I have one that has rolling baskets does a great job

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.