Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's this bracket for?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is under a 4 cylinder 4000 rowcrop narrow front.
I figure some implement hooked to it, but I don't know what.
Pins are smaller, about 3/8 inch diameter maybe?
I didn't measure them. One on each side obviously.
It connects to the bottom of the tractor where the drawbar does.
The big bolt in the center of the second pic is the front pin for said drawbar.

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stabilizer bracket.

Vito

Texas!
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have no idea what those pins are for but as Vito said, anchor pins for the Row Crop Stabilizer Bars are supposed to be bolted in the holes on those "ears".

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Texas! wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:09:13 05/01/13) I have no idea what those pins are for but as Vito said, anchor pins for the Row Crop Stabilizer Bars are supposed to be bolted in the holes on those "ears".

Are you guys saying the stabilizer bars that keep the 3PT arms from swaying?
These are so close together, not even as wide as the drawbar plate, I'm having
trouble seeing how the arms could reach out that far and raise with the 3PT
without hitting the drawbar mount.
Maybe I better go do some digging on how those bars attach!

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stabalizer bars on 7/9xx row crop tractors are entirely different from those used on utility tractors.

They are short, offset and difficult to find. They attach to the inside of the lift arms.

Dean

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dean wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:30:39 05/01/13) Stabalizer bars on 7/9xx row crop tractors are entirely different from those used on utility tractors.

They are short, offset and difficult to find. They attach to the inside of the lift arms.

Dean

Thanks Dean. I wasn't doubting what Alan and Vito said, I've just never seen
them in use I guess. I was thinking of the ones on the utilities as you stated.
If anyone has a picture of them I'd love to see how they hook up.

Kirk-NJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if you look close on this photo of one of my RC's you can see how they attach to the inside of the low 3pt arms

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Kirk, I'll have to see what I can do with mine now that
I know what they are supposed to look like.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yep.. rowcrops are not your average dog. Smile

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some better pictures.

HTH

Vito

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perfect! Thanks Vito. I think I can fab some up.
Neither of my rowcrops have them.
I'll just have to make sure I get the geometry right so they don't bind.

Kirk-NJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

something like this.
Also Soundguy has some he modified the brackets for the outside sway bars should you want to go that way. Maybe he will post a couple of photos.

Kirk

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: What's this bracket for? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks again Kirk. That sure takes most of the work out of it for me.
Sadly enough, I took another look at the tractor and now I think
I know why they are missing in the first place.
The lower lift arms have been replaced. There are no holes in the
replacements to attach the stabilizer bars to.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.