Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need External Oil Filer, Need Water Pump Rebuilt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Giordano

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Need External Oil Filer, Need Water Pump Rebuilt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone know where to find external oil filters for tractors, I want to put one on my 37 Chevy Coupe, also need a gas tank for the coupe and who knows where they rebuild water pumps

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Need External Oil Filer, Need Water Pump Rebuilt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I ASSUME you want a BYPASS filter like the older cars used, where a small orifice allows a slow flow of oil through the filter, after which it is dumped back into the crankcase?

If so WIX is ONE source.

Have you looked at Hemming's Motor News? typically there's all sorts of ads from outfits that rebuild old car parts and also outfits that sell repro parts such as gas tanks.

Also, Cardone has a rebuild and return service. you can contact them through the website linked below to find a reseller in your area.
Cardone

NCWayne
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Need External Oil Filer, Need Water Pump Rebuilt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Give the folks at Egge machine a call. I know they do water and oil pumps but don't think they handle the tanks. Even so they have been around a long time doing old car stuff so if nothing else they might know who to hook you up with. Good luck.
Egge machine

ben there
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Need External Oil Filer, Need Water Pump Rebuilt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i'll have to look but i think i have a couple NOS external oil filter kits from the 50's if you're looking for something more period correct...email is open if interested.

nys

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Need External Oil Filer, Need Water Pump Rebuilt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Heres two places to try for your needs. They both have parts and do the rebuilds.
JOHNPLASKANANTIQUE@HOTMAIL.COM phone 813 713 5820
oldpartstom@aol.com website www.then-now.com phone day 781 335 8860 night 781 335 1579
I think then and now rebuilt the fuel pump for my 42 CAT dozer. no complaints. Good luck

nys

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Need External Oil Filer, Need Water Pump Rebuilt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Also for parts The Filling Station
and Jim Carter Truck Parts

Joe Giordano

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Need External Oil Filer, Need Water Pump Rebuilt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes please let me know email me at dozerjoe@yahoo.com or call me west coast time 360-204-1017

ben there
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Need External Oil Filer, Need Water Pump Rebuilt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i just saw your reply...will check tomorrow and let you know.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.