Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IH T 340 Blade won't stay UP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarab280ze
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: IH T 340 Blade won't stay UP Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"ve got a 1950 something IH T340 Crawler and the problem is the 6 way blade won"t stay up when raised so I can"t move it with out holding the lever back and of course when thats don"t it slows the motor and wants to stall. I took the control valve assembly off and removed the spool that is suppose to control the lifting and there was a foreign piece of black rubber to large to be a seal from it (control unit) and removed it checked for more only in that area and put it back on and still the same problem.. ANY suggestions? I have all the manuals and there is even a paragraph about this problem and I am not sure what I missed? please help I need to use this gem..

Big Fat Herb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: IH T 340 Blade won't stay UP Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably the packings in the hoist cylinders

scarab280ze
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: IH T 340 Blade won't stay UP Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Someone else mentioned that also. Do you think that could be the foreign matter (bad seal) I found in the control unit it was kinda big?
Also do you know where can I find a rebuild kit for the lift arms? Thanks

2x4
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: IH T 340 Blade won't stay UP Reply to specific post Reply with quote

take it to your local shop; they have books to order the kit

Penn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: IH T 340 Blade won't stay UP Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your lift cylinders need repacking,do both,your local hydraulic shop is the best bet,if you want to do them yourself go over to Red Power the IH tractor forum someone might know where you can get the kits,other than that you could try the link below but its a bit of a pain sending the old seals to them for them to match,there are two seals in each cylinder, one set on the piston and another on the rod gland, replace both when you have them apart.
P
http://www.epm.com

Last edited by Penn on Sat May 04, 2013 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: IH T 340 Blade won't stay UP Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As others have stated, any hydraulic shop should be able to fit standard seals for both piston and rod. If you want to do it yourself, as I have on my T340, the Parker or other companies" seal guide would show you seal options of various types. You don"t need to match original parts numbers; you can go by dimensions of of cylinder, piston, rod, and grooves. I do have the parts manual if you do want original numbers.

scarab280ze
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: IH T 340 Blade won't stay UP Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Everyone I took them off today and took one apart and sure enough the two seals were shot and also matched the piece of rubber I found in the control unit.. Now to find the replacements, tough living here in NC where there are very limited resources.. Thanks Again

smallercrawler
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: IH T 340 Blade won't stay UP Reply to specific post Reply with quote

scarab-might check seal/packing section at link below. Have saved a lot of $$ by buying individual parts than in buying premade "kits" on numerous hydraulic jobs. Good luck!
Untitled URL Link

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.