Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Picture of Cockshutt 2255?????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OliverEnthusiast
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Picture of Cockshutt 2255????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This message is a reply to an archived post by agcodick on January 14, 2013 at 18:35:56.
The original subject was "Picture of Cockshutt 2255?????".

Here you go, found one--

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Picture of Cockshutt 2255????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember this post, is it suppose to be a cockshutt or was it a white, or did someone paint one that was green red. First one ive ever seen. Some people say there was only one made, this could be the one lol,

ollie gm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Picture of Cockshutt 2255????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am a 2255 enthusiast and owner but have never heard of a Cockshutt version. Is it real? The serial tag would have the clue.

Rumor has it that 1 was made for a WFE show somewhere. Maybe this is it? I do think that the air intake should match the tractor though.

My thinking is that it is a very nice fake and makes for good conversation.

Don't have time to dig through my 2255 info right now. Curiosity is killing me however.
It may be on this huge 2255 site.

kwf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Picture of Cockshutt 2255????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They built about 109 RC Cockshutt 2255s and about 15 FWD Cockshutt 2255s.

Davects
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Picture of Cockshutt 2255????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have owned at least 15 2255s through the years. I have had 5 White 2255s and the rest were Oliver. I have never seen a Cockshutt. Always wondered!! I would bet that it has a White serial # tag on it. Does anyone know where this tractor is?

gordey
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Picture of Cockshutt 2255????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m sure that"s just a white with cockshutt decals, just like everybody does to the lawnmowers.

j meyer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Picture of Cockshutt 2255????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm with Gordey on this one- unless the build card says otherwise!

OliverEnthusiast
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Picture of Cockshutt 2255????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A buddy of mine sent me the photo, said he saw sitting it on a farm in eastern WI and stopped to take a picture. I remembered the original discussion, I read the forum here quite a bit. If it is a White with Cockshutt decals, pretty sure it must be the only one like it. Who knows I guess, I"ll see if he remembers who"s farm it was at.

jason morgel

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Picture of Cockshutt 2255????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They did built cockshutt 2255's. my uncle has one with open station and its front wheel assist. Its not a white with cockshutt badges. I put quite a few hours on it over the years and its still very much in use on the farm.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters