Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chip812
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I stopped and got some pictures of the beast... Upon closer inspection, it looks a little rough to me, but you guys can be the judge of that... Funniest thing was the keys were in it and I was tempted to try and start it... Twisted Evil

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It ran when parked, and with a new tire and a little paint, she'll be good as new.

Tom Fleming
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

actually doesn't look all that bad to me. External appearance doesn't always represent mechanical condition..............but that can go either way. I have picked up tractor's that looked like crap on the outside, but the engine and tranny were in very good shape.

I am NOT an authority on anything made after 1953, but doesn't look all that bad to me. Front tire being the exception.

larryanderson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In our area a tractor like that would be under $5K.

brent wortham
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ta delete? And those fenders are weird never seen anything
like that around here

Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

brent wortham wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:04:10 05/08/13) Ta delete? And those fenders are weird never seen anything
like that around here

Its a chop job from the IH cab that was on it. It took me by surprise for a couple minutes too. I don't think the Hydro's had a TA, but I never had one so I don't know.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's not a hydro.

The hydro lever would be where the TA is.

The 1-2-3-4 and H-N-L-R shifters are clearly visible on the right in the last picture.

Someone bought a decal kit and because the decal was there they just had to use it.

I don't think it's a true black stripe either.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's just a plain ole 1066 with a chopped off
cab.Not a Hydro!The TA has been removed,or it was
"TA delete" from the factory.Doesnt kook all that
bad....It's a bit overpriced.

LMack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check out the draw bar and three point hitch for wear . . . see how much pulling it has done. That is not a fool proof method but it is a start. A well worn draw bar means heavy work and upcoming mechanical issues. Also check the clutch and break peddles for wear. The three point will wear in the ball joints. A new draw bar and or hitch ball joints indicates a well used tractor. That does not mean it would not be a good buy for the right price, but would help in finding the right price.

Karl in MD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seen that a lot lately. Somebody repainted it and used EVERY decal in the set. There is an unstyled John Deere B near here with every decal known to man on it. it has power-trol decals on the hood and a roll-a-matic decal on the starting tank.

Jim Becker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Farm down the road is closing up shop...[UPDATE - 1066] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Karl in MD wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:06:03 05/09/13) Seen that a lot lately. Somebody repainted it and used EVERY decal in the set . . .
I've seen a lot of that over the years too. The classic in many IH decal sets has to be the curved "OPEN" arrow for the shutters. I've seen them everywhere, most commonly on the throttle lever, but also next to fuel filler caps and radiater drains (where the arrow goes the wrong way). The "GASOLINE" decal for the distillate tractors gets put in some creative locations. And then you see "O D B" and "L H D B" put on opposite sides of the same light knob.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.